Five New Albany Bulldog players have received All-District honors from the 2-4A coaches who selected the team on Wednesday. Among the selections are junior Miles Washington as Defensive MVP. Washington is joined on the team by Jarel Lipsey and Rashad McWilliams while Reggie McWilliams was awarded an Honorable Mention. For the Lady Dawgs, Samantha Bridges […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
MYRTLE – Myrtle had an answer for every run that Jumpertown made and held on to defeat the Cardinals 60-55 on Tuesday. The Lady Hawks fell 52-45 to Jumpertown in the opening game. “We did not have the effort that we have been having, but a quick turn-around from last night’s road game at Falkner,” […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Myrtle had an answer for every run that Jumpertown made and held on to defeat the Cardinals 60-55 on Tuesday. The Lady Hawks fell 52-45 to Jumpertown in the opening game. “We did not have the effort that we have been having, but a quick turn-around from last night’s road […]
New Albany took a pair of wins in their final regular season division contest against Senatobia as the Lady Bulldogs won 51-35 and the Bulldogs took the closing game 69-55. New Albany got off to a slow start in the first quarter, leading by only four points at 7-3. The second quarter saw the Lady […]
ENTERPRISE – The West Union Eagles took Myrtle’s Hawks down to the wire in their division match-up between county rivals on Tuesday before the Hawks slipped by with the 64-62 win. West Union hit a layup at at the buzzer to reach the final margin. “We just made one extra play, that’s all,” Myrtle coach […]
HICKORY FLAT – The division finale for Ingomar and Hickory Flat brought a dramatic conclusion as the Rebels topped the Falcons in a 66-59 final. “It was the most complete effort on both ends of the floor we’ve had this season,” Rebels coach Michael Seger said of the win. In the opening period, Ingomar jumped […]
A road game in Alcorn County ended with two losses for East Union as the Kossuth Aggies topped the Urchins 72-51 and 72-56 on Tuesday. The Lady Aggies took an early lead over East Union with a 26-12 score after one period, topping the first half with a 45-20 score. The Lady Urchins added 34 […]
New Albany resident Susan Morris has been awarded the Mississippi Tennis Association’s Tennis Official of the Year award. This award is presented to a certified tennis official in recognition of outstanding contributions to the cause of tennis officiating in Mississippi, according to a press release issued by the MTA. Morris became an official to help tennis […]
East Union traveled to Booneville Friday for a pair of non-division games and dropped both contests to the Blue Devils. The Lady Urchins fell 66-50 and the Urchins lost 67-48. East Union boys played a strong first half, leading 34-28 at the intermission, but Booneville stormed back in the second half as they outscored the […]
INGOMAR – In a division 2-1A battle, the Falcons came out on top defeating a rallying Myrtle team 66-63 in the Union County rivals’ final regular season meeting. The Lady Falcons also garnered a win against Myrtle with a 67-35 final. In the girls’ game, Gara Beth Self led with 17 points, followed by Mallory […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...