United Way of North Mississippi will have a campaign celebration Friday, March 21, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the BancorpSouth Arena conference room, 375 East Main Street, Tupelo. The celebration is to honor those who made the 2013 United Way Campaign a success by raising over $2.4 million for Northeast Mississippi. Tickets for […]
Archive | Coming Events RSS feed for this section
By Angie Barmer People wanting to express their creative side or find their creative side have a chance to be creative by attending the Tallahatchie Arts Council Wax Crayon Batik Workshop. The workshop will be held March 10-12 at The Art House, located at 205 Highland Street. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead […]
Fans of Native American culture and flute music are invited to a performance of John Two-Hawks at the Union County Heritage Museum on Saturday, March 1, from 2 – 4 p.m. The title of the event is “Wisdom and Music.” The Grammy and Emmy nominated musician and writer, who is a member of the Lakota […]
By Angie Barmer The second annual Frog-A-Nanny Players performance will be on stage soon performing “America’s Tallest Tales.” Last year the FAN Players performed “Aesop’s Fables” on stage. The gifted students at New Albany Elementary School team up with the special needs students from Susan Kelly’s class and Scherrita Tucker’s class at NAES and put […]
By Angie Barmer The public will soon get the chance to learn about the blues and listen to the talents of the Mosley and Johnson Band, along with back-up singers from New Albany High School and instrumentals from the NAHS Jazz band. This is a collaboration between Sam Mosley, NAHS students, and NAHS Art Instructor […]
A Wax Crayon Batik Workshop will be held March 10-12. Tallahatchie Arts Council member Rebecca Browning will lead the class each evening from 5:00-8-00 at the Art House, 205 Highland Street. The workshop fee is $60.00. All participants, ages 17 and up, are welcome. Members of the workshop will work toward designing and completing an […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors voted Monday to sell an assortment of seized weapons and vehicles along with surplus county and road equipment at public auction. The auction will be Saturday, March 1, at the Union County Fairgrounds starting at 9 a.m. with Kathy Chism of Chism Auction of Myrtle in charge. Items to […]
Tickets are now on sale for the 2014 Home and Garden Show Lunch and Learn event. This is the only part of the sixth annual two-day show with an admission charge. The show will be April 4 and 5 at the fairgrounds and Lunch and Learn will be at noon Friday, April 4. Tickets are […]
The New Albany Park Commission announces registration for its 2014 Spring Soccer Season. Registration will run through Friday, January 17,2014. The fee is $40 per child, ($35 per each sibling).Children must be born between August 1, 1999 and July 31, 2009. All registrations must be done in person at the Sportsplex office located inside BNA […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?