Lady Falcons rally three times to take down Pine Grove DUMAS – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons found themselves down on the scoreboard to Pine Grove on three different occasions, but the Lady Falcons reached within and rallied to overcome the deficits and take the win 20-15 on the Lady Panthers home turf. Ingomar overcame Pine Grove […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
The Division 1-2A track meet was held on Wednesday at Tishomingo County High School and local teams from East Union and Ingomar had several participants advance on to the regionals. Katie Rowan led East Union to multiple wins including the long jump (15-07.25), 100 meter hurdles (17.75) and 300 meter hurdles (54.30). Rowan also placed […]
MYRTLE – It came down to opportunities, Myrtle capitalized on their big opportunity and West Union didn’t as the Hawks took the Division 2-1A win 3-0 and secured second place while dropping the Eagles to third. Myrtle scored all their runs in the fifth inning with the final run coming on Anthony Lipsey’s steal of […]
East Union won the Class I Girls Powerlifting Championship on Saturday in an impressive team performance. The Lady Urchins had 10 girls competing and all 10 medaled in their events. The Lady Urchins took four gold medals, four silver and two bronze in their competition. “We knew we had 10 girls and Calhoun City had […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
One big inning by Lafayette was more than New Albany could overcome as the Lady Bulldogs fell to the Lady Commodores 8-6 in division play on Wednesday. The teams fought to a draw through three innings as neither team was able to draw first blood on the scoreboard. However, that all changed in the Lafayette […]
East Union and Ingomar met for game two of their Division 1-2A series in fast pitch on Tuesday and the Lady Urchins got the sweep with their 18-3 win in four innings. Raelee Bell had a huge night, driving in six runs and scoring four runs for the Lady Urchins. Bell had an inside-the-park grand […]
NEW ALBANY – On four of the five courts in the finals of the 2-4A division tennis tournament, the Bulldogs were featured players. New Albany took home individual division titles in boys singles, girls doubles, boys doubles, and mixed doubles during Tuesday’s tournament at the BNA Tennis and Soccer complex, with the Bulldogs running the […]
New Albany competed in the Division 2-4A track meet on Tuesday and the boys team placed third with 50 points while the girls finished fourth with 36. Braudrique Boyd had two seconds to lead the boys team as he was just edged out in the 100 meters by Travis Tucker of Senatobia. Tucker ran a […]
INGOMAR – In the battle for the lead in Division 1-2A, the Urchins came out on top. East Union defeated Ingomar in a 5-3 decision on Tuesday, aided by timely hitting from the batting rotation and the arm of Witt Roaton, who pitched a complete game for the Urchins and recorded nine strikeouts on the […]
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...