By Jake Dean The event of lifting a heavier weight than your opponent to see who is the strongest has been around stretching as far back as the ancient Greek time period. This Olympic sport has now branched out to high schools as well. Competitions are held and sanctioned by MHSAA representatives and officials. Locally, […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Cotton States High School League Team Standings as of July 15, 2013 Team W L T Pct BlackPrairie Mudcats 5 1 0 .833 Swamp Monsters…… 5 1 0 .833 North Delta Dealers. 4 1 0 .800 HillCountry Generals 5 2 0 .714 Woodall Mtn Lookouts 3 3 0 .500 Tippah Tribe…….. 3 4 0 .429 […]
Blue Mountain College has released a list of athletes they signed this past week, along with some basic information about each: Cross-Country Joey Storment – French Camp … Finished 2nd in MHSAA State Championship last two years … 2nd District III MHSAA Championship last two years …. Senior year he won the Tupelo, Corinth […]
Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com The Amory Lady Panthers and Saltillo Tigers won the inaugural Itawamba Community College High School Soccer Showcase held at the ICC Soccer Complex on Thursday. The Lady Panthers picked up 4-0 wins over Saltillo and Itawamba AHS along with a key 2-1 victory over New Albany to earn the girls’ title while The […]
By Tyler McCollum The North Delta Dealers and the Desoto Xplorers faced each other for the second time this season on Sunday and the Dealers came away with the 5-3 win. With the Dealers down one game to none, it was an all out defensive battle for both teams. The bats for both sides remained […]
Itawamba Community College will honor past and current members of the armed forces during Military Appreciation Night, Aug. 29, at the Fulton Campus during ICC’s football game with East Central Community College, which begins at 7 p.m. Special activities are planned prior to the game as well as a salute during halftime. Admission is free […]
by Dennis Clayton The Northeast Mississippi Jets used a huge eight run second to hand the Tupelo Thunder their first league loss in their 13-10 victory. The Jets sent 12 batters to the plate during the second inning scoring outburst as they collected six hits to take a 12- 2 lead after two innings. The […]
The above question was the title of a hit song in the late Sixties by Chicago Transit Authority (later shortened to Chicago because the real transit authority complained about the group’s name). Anyhow, the question in the song went like this “Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care? Well I […]
COTTON STATES BASEBALL LEAGUE Golden Triangle Jets 140 020 1 – 8 12 1 Tippah Tribe……………103 000 0 – 4 6 6 WP – J. Reeves. LP – A. Ralston. S – None. Multiple hits – (GT) Jordan Lambert 2, Fredrico Moody, Josh Whitaker, (T) Boyce 2.
By Dennis Clayton The Cotton States Softball League’s inaugural season began Saturday and from practically all accounts, is a big hit with the players, coaches, and fans. Sunday had all four teams in action again with players coming from across Northeast Mississippi to play. Coach Tom Zahller is commissioner for the newly formed league. Coach […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...