By Dennis Clayton Coach John Walker’s New Albany Bulldogs needed a win over neighboring divisional rival North Pontotoc and his troops came through in the clutch. Coach Walker said of the victory “Huge win tonight, we needed that. After starting the year 7-0, we had lost six straight and we kind of had a fear […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Greenwood locked up a thriller that went to double overtime before the Bulldogs of New Albany defeated the visiting Bulldogs by a 63-60 score. The contest was tight all the way as the largest lead of the night was eight points in the fourth quarter and that lead was […]
By Tyler McCollum Things got pretty intense Tuesday night in the Ingomar gym as the Falcons hosted the Montgomery County Hornets for the “do-or-die” first round North Half game. The Falcons’ offense started hot and never let up during the first quarter. Henry Foster lifted his team with three back-to-back three-point shots and Devonte Williamson […]
By Joanna Manning Heard of Michael Phelps or Ryan Lochte? What about McClellan or Fennell? Well, the first two are household names in the world of swimming – and the next two – you just MIGHT need to keep your eyes and ears open for they are heading in that same direction. Not only are they from […]
The New Albany High School Girls Powerlifting Team placed 4th place in the Calhoun City Invitational on January 28. Leeta Ann Prater (left) was the winner in her weight class and Megan Dye (right) placed third in her weight class.
By Dennis Clayton West Union’s seniors were in the spotlight on Senior Night, but the fourth quarter spotlight in the boys’ game belonged to an underclassman, Chase Cooper, as West Union defeated Jumpertown 67-62. The Eagles held a narrow 48-44 lead after three quarters and then Cooper took over. West Union scored 19 points in […]
What about the game? Another Super Bowl has come and gone which leaves me asking the above question. I ask it because in this day and time, there appears to be more discussion about everything else that occurs as a by-product of the game than the game itself. We had the brother vs. brother talk […]
By Tyler McCollum The Falcons and Lady Falcons of Ingomar traveled to East Union Friday night for another great match-up. The Lady Falcons improved to 16-12 on the season after defeating the Lady Urchins in a hard-fought contest. Both teams struggled in the first quarter with turnovers and missed shots, but then got things going […]
Cody Bo Dillard signed with the Northeast Mississippi Community College’s baseball program on Monday to become the second pitcher to ink with the Tigers this year. Dillard is a left-handed pitcher from East Union High School where he had an impressive 6-2 overall mark — during his junior campaign from the mound in 11 appearances […]
13 and Under Girls and Boys Basketball Tournament Date: Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 Location: Ingomar High School Gymnasium Entry Fee: $50 per team 3 game guarantee Contact Jonathan Ashley at 316-1211 for more information.
- Ashland clips Myrtle in division action January 27, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Soups to bowl you over January 30, 2015
- Eastern Lights January 30, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...