New Albany took a pair of wins in their final regular season division contest against Senatobia as the Lady Bulldogs won 51-35 and the Bulldogs took the closing game 69-55. New Albany got off to a slow start in the first quarter, leading by only four points at 7-3. The second quarter saw the Lady […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
ENTERPRISE – The West Union Eagles took Myrtle’s Hawks down to the wire in their division match-up between county rivals on Tuesday before the Hawks slipped by with the 64-62 win. West Union hit a layup at at the buzzer to reach the final margin. “We just made one extra play, that’s all,” Myrtle coach […]
HICKORY FLAT – The division finale for Ingomar and Hickory Flat brought a dramatic conclusion as the Rebels topped the Falcons in a 66-59 final. “It was the most complete effort on both ends of the floor we’ve had this season,” Rebels coach Michael Seger said of the win. In the opening period, Ingomar jumped […]
A road game in Alcorn County ended with two losses for East Union as the Kossuth Aggies topped the Urchins 72-51 and 72-56 on Tuesday. The Lady Aggies took an early lead over East Union with a 26-12 score after one period, topping the first half with a 45-20 score. The Lady Urchins added 34 […]
New Albany resident Susan Morris has been awarded the Mississippi Tennis Association’s Tennis Official of the Year award. This award is presented to a certified tennis official in recognition of outstanding contributions to the cause of tennis officiating in Mississippi, according to a press release issued by the MTA. Morris became an official to help tennis […]
East Union traveled to Booneville Friday for a pair of non-division games and dropped both contests to the Blue Devils. The Lady Urchins fell 66-50 and the Urchins lost 67-48. East Union boys played a strong first half, leading 34-28 at the intermission, but Booneville stormed back in the second half as they outscored the […]
INGOMAR – In a division 2-1A battle, the Falcons came out on top defeating a rallying Myrtle team 66-63 in the Union County rivals’ final regular season meeting. The Lady Falcons also garnered a win against Myrtle with a 67-35 final. In the girls’ game, Gara Beth Self led with 17 points, followed by Mallory […]
PONTOTOC – East Union, West Union and Ingomar opened the Robertson’s Sportswear basketball tournament on Saturday, with the the Lady Falcons extending their win streak to thirteen games. (G) Ingomar 53, Kossuth 38 The Lady Falcons were led by Mallory Russell with 25 points and nine rebounds against the Aggies, with Lauren Thompson adding […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – New Albany Middle School’s teams made a clean sweep in the Union County Junior High Tournament on Thursday with the Lady Bulldogs topping East Union 28-19 and the Bulldogs completing the sweep with a 56-31 win over West Union. East Union took the early lead in the girls game, 7-5 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany boys clinched first place in the tough Division 1-4A win a 2-0 win as the Bulldogs completed division play with a 5-1 record. New Albany girls won easily, 10-0 and finished with a perfect 6-0 record in division. “The boys game was a lot slower this time and I thought […]
- County makes arrests in area burglaries March 4, 2015
- Sunday is day to ‘spring forward’ to Daylight Saving Time March 4, 2015
- Still no decision on Extension Office renovation; gun carrying prohibition clarified March 6, 2015
- NA police switching to electronic citation system March 6, 2015
- Futorian descendents visit to learn more about family history March 6, 2015
- East Union Attendance Center beauty review March 6, 2015
- East Union students help save lives of two wreck victims March 6, 2015
- Blue Springs seeks grant for more police presence March 6, 2015
- City considering plan for bike path to connect west side to park, downtown March 6, 2015
- City schools look at long-range planning, make staff appointments March 6, 2015
- Bradley Wells: Daniel rhynes has been stealing for yrs and blamin...
- Ian Somer: I can clearly see one thing here: no one genuinely...
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...