Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com Itawamba Community College announced its 2013 football schedule on Monday. The nine-game schedule includes a road trip to defending Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) champion Copiah-Lincoln along with East Central, Mississippi Delta, Northwest and Northeast visiting Easton Field this season. “It’s the same tough schedule that everyone has in this […]
By Jake Dean The event of lifting a heavier weight than your opponent to see who is the strongest has been around stretching as far back as the ancient Greek time period. This Olympic sport has now branched out to high schools as well. Competitions are held and sanctioned by MHSAA representatives and officials. Locally, […]
Cotton States High School League Team Standings as of July 15, 2013 Team W L T Pct BlackPrairie Mudcats 5 1 0 .833 Swamp Monsters…… 5 1 0 .833 North Delta Dealers. 4 1 0 .800 HillCountry Generals 5 2 0 .714 Woodall Mtn Lookouts 3 3 0 .500 Tippah Tribe…….. 3 4 0 .429 […]
Blue Mountain College has released a list of athletes they signed this past week, along with some basic information about each: Cross-Country Joey Storment – French Camp … Finished 2nd in MHSAA State Championship last two years … 2nd District III MHSAA Championship last two years …. Senior year he won the Tupelo, Corinth […]
Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com The Amory Lady Panthers and Saltillo Tigers won the inaugural Itawamba Community College High School Soccer Showcase held at the ICC Soccer Complex on Thursday. The Lady Panthers picked up 4-0 wins over Saltillo and Itawamba AHS along with a key 2-1 victory over New Albany to earn the girls’ title while The […]
By Tyler McCollum The North Delta Dealers and the Desoto Xplorers faced each other for the second time this season on Sunday and the Dealers came away with the 5-3 win. With the Dealers down one game to none, it was an all out defensive battle for both teams. The bats for both sides remained […]
Itawamba Community College will honor past and current members of the armed forces during Military Appreciation Night, Aug. 29, at the Fulton Campus during ICC’s football game with East Central Community College, which begins at 7 p.m. Special activities are planned prior to the game as well as a salute during halftime. Admission is free […]
by Dennis Clayton The Northeast Mississippi Jets used a huge eight run second to hand the Tupelo Thunder their first league loss in their 13-10 victory. The Jets sent 12 batters to the plate during the second inning scoring outburst as they collected six hits to take a 12- 2 lead after two innings. The […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Three Rivers director Randy Kelley named one of top economic developers February 20, 2015
- Disappointed in editorial February 25, 2015
- Ingomar rallies late to post win February 25, 2015
- Beautification committee set to finish street sign project February 26, 2015
- Falcons rally for win February 26, 2015
- Urchins fall to Chieftains’ scoring surge February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...