New Albany Sportsplex/BNA Bank Park September 7 , 2013 Field 1 9:00 Nettleton vs East Union 10:15 Nettleton vs Clarkdale 11:30 Neshoba Central vs Kossuth 12:45 Neshoba Central vs Nettleton 2:00 Kossuth vs Clarkdale 3:15 Clarkdale vs West Union 4:30 Mooreville JV vs Neshoba JV 5:45 Neshoba Central vs Corinth 7:00 Tish. Co. vs East […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Thursday September 5 Softball Hickory Flat at West Union – 5:00/6:00 V/JV Myrtle at Oxford – 5:00 V/JV East Union at Mantachie – 5:00 JV/V North Pontotoc at Ingomar – 5:00 Volleyball Corinth at New Albany – 5:30/6:30 Friday September 6 Football Pontotoc at New Albany – 7:00 East Union at Potts Camp – 7:00 […]
Student athletes from two of Northeast Mississippi Community College’s most successful athletic programs during the 2012-13 academic year received accolades for their hard work in the classroom. The Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) announced that ten Tigers and two Lady Tigers were named to the Academic All-State teams for their respective sport. […]
By Dennis Clayton The much-awaited and much-anticipated college football season has begun and we had mixed results with our teams for week one. Ole Miss had a thrilling come-from-behind win on Thursday against Vanderbilt, State lost to offensive-minded Oklahoma State and Southern Miss lost to Texas State. One game doesn’t make a season, but Ole […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Myrtle locked up in a low-scoring contest between county rivals on Thursday at BNA Bank Park and the Lady Bulldogs escaped with a run in their final at-bat to take the win. New Albany totaled nine hits to even their record at 5-5. Myrtle picked up six hits. Myrtle […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union jumped out to an early lead and held off an Ingomar rally in the seventh inning to defeat their county rivals by a score of 9-5 on Thursday. Mallory Roberts got the win and also contributed at the plate with two doubles. The Lady Urchins scored one run in the […]
by Dennis Clayton East Union took their offensive fireworks to Middleton for their game two and brought back a 47-36 win. Quarterback D.J. Armstrong led the Urchins as he finished 3-6 passing for 126 yards and touchdown. Armstrong also added three scores rushing on the night. Leading rushers for East Union were Jacob Elder with […]
BY Zach Adams Itawamba Times FULTON – New Albany coach Ron Price and his Bulldogs led the Itawamba AHS Indians 10-7 with less than a minute to play last Friday night. Unfortunately for the visiting team, a game that saw very few big offensive plays was capped off by one when IAHS sophomore quarterback Vijay […]
BNA Bank Park tennis facility in New Albany is one of 19 tennis facilities honored for excellence as a 2013 USTA Facility Award Winner The USTA announced Aug. 21 that the BNA Bank Park Tennis Facility in New Albany is one of 19 winners of its 32nd annual USTA Facility Awards Program, which recognizes excellence […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on