By Dennis Clayton The West Union Lady Eagles used a huge fourth inning to break open a one-run game and win their division game against Myrtle 10-0. West Union sent 10 batters to the plate and scored six runs to secure the win. The Lady Eagles loaded the bases in the fourth with no outs […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Friday night was vastly different from the previous ones. We had experienced dry weather for so many weeks and the temperatures had been quite nice as well. That all changed with the front that came through on Friday. Rain, rain, and more rain came down and at time it seemed in buckets. The football games […]
New Albany girls start strong By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The New Albany Lady Bulldogs started off strong, but the Lady Toppers of Houston overcame them in the end in their first division game of the season. The Lady Bulldogs racked up three quick runs in the top of the first with Kaitlyn […]
Bulldogs even record with another last-second victory By Jay Tidwell Special to the News Exchange NEW ALBANY – An electrifying conclusion to last Friday’s game has re-energized New Albany. On the final play of its non-division football game against Amory, Chris Brown scooped up his team’s blocked field goal attempt and scampered 25 yards to […]
Myrtle was well represented in the top positions of team girls and individual boys at the Pontotoc Invitational. Myrtle girls placed six runners in the top 20 and that enabled them to edge out New Site in points 56-59 and capture first place in the varsity girls 4000 meter run in 1A-3A. Marquez Howell of […]
Friday night’s game between New Albany and Amory had one of the most exciting endings that you will ever witness. What made it even more exciting was the way the emotions of the game swung one way and then another, then back the other way. Things started innocently enough with New Albany settling to let […]
Emily Cook had two hits, scored two runs and was the winning pitcher for Myrtle in their home division win over Ingomar. Morgan Gooch is behind the plate for Ingomar. Photo by Dennis Clayton Myrtle needed not only a win over Ingomar, they needed to cover the run differential from an earlier loss to the […]
Aniston McClellan was honored with an invitation to the Top 5 Banquet at the McClain Lodge in Brandon, MS, on August 17. This is a banquet for swimmers who had a time during the year that placed in the top 5 in the state in every event all year (short and long courses). The swimmers […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on