Bulldogs suffer 38-13 setback to Water Valley By Jay Tidwell Special to the News Exchange NEW ALBANY – Devin Wilson is spending this week improving himself and his teammates. The junior running back led New Albany with 63 yards on 11 carries – one for a touchdown – against Water Valley last Friday, but it […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
East Union runs to win over Houlka By Dennis Clayton East Union had several new faces in the lineup and in the backfield, but that didn’t prevent them from running over and around the visiting Houlka Wildcats on Friday night. Coach Scott Duley said “I thought our boys showed a lot of heart and it […]
by Dennis Clayton The fall sports season is officially here. New Albany got their football season started with a two quarter jamboree game at Kossuth. The teams battled to a 0-0 tie. Both offenses made some ball movement, but both were unsuccessful in denting the scoreboard. Coach Ron Price said “We knew coming in what […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange New Albany Middle School head football coach Nickey Nance understands what it takes to cultivate a winning environment. Nance, who majored in agricultural education at Miss. State, was a successful head high school coach at Falkner, his alma mater. He is in his second year at New Albany, […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Kevin Williams has set high standards for Ingomar’s cross-country teams this season, in part because of local rivalries. “Union County has excelled in cross-country, and Ingomar has one of the youngest programs in terms of the number of years we’ve been running and have been participating,” said Williams, […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Myrtle head coach Chris Greer is optimistic about his cross-country squad’s potential this year. The Hawks will regularly run against some of the fastest teams in Class 1A North, including county-rivals Ingomar and West Union, as well as Hickory Flat, which moved down this season from Class 2A. […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange A few key relocations has head coach Josh Blythe feeling good about East Union’s slow-pitch squad. “Since last season, we’ve had two move back to East Union and they’ll both be seniors – Katey Hunt and Savannah Alexander,” Blythe said. “Having those two girls back will be key, […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Marty Cook is eager to begin his first season as head coach of Myrtle’s slow-pitch softball team. The fast-pitch head coach takes over the top position in slow-pitch after Robert Gordon stepped aside to spend more time with family. “Coach Gordon is a legend – 300 wins and […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Andy Wilbanks described the outlook for Ingomar’s slow-pitch season as a youth movement. With a half-dozen positions left open by graduation, the Lady Falcons are hoping for underclassmen to step into starting roles. “We are going to be pretty young,” said Wilbanks, who is beginning his eighth season […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...