By Dennis Clayton East Union boys and Myrtle girls ran well at the Saltillo Invitational cross country meet on Saturday as both finished second in the 1A-3A division. East Union had 10 runners that ran the course in under 21 minutes. The Urchins were led by Jordan Salmon (18:15.05) and Zach Rowan (18:57.16) who finished […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
By Blake Long Special to the Journal CORINTH – Coaches tend to run the football 99 percent of the time when playing in heavy rain and wet field conditions. The Corinth Warriors broke that mold on Friday night and used the air game on the way to a 24-16 victory over New Albany. “I just […]
By Dennis Clayton The West Union Lady Eagles used a huge fourth inning to break open a one-run game and win their division game against Myrtle 10-0. West Union sent 10 batters to the plate and scored six runs to secure the win. The Lady Eagles loaded the bases in the fourth with no outs […]
Friday night was vastly different from the previous ones. We had experienced dry weather for so many weeks and the temperatures had been quite nice as well. That all changed with the front that came through on Friday. Rain, rain, and more rain came down and at time it seemed in buckets. The football games […]
New Albany girls start strong By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The New Albany Lady Bulldogs started off strong, but the Lady Toppers of Houston overcame them in the end in their first division game of the season. The Lady Bulldogs racked up three quick runs in the top of the first with Kaitlyn […]
Bulldogs even record with another last-second victory By Jay Tidwell Special to the News Exchange NEW ALBANY – An electrifying conclusion to last Friday’s game has re-energized New Albany. On the final play of its non-division football game against Amory, Chris Brown scooped up his team’s blocked field goal attempt and scampered 25 yards to […]
Myrtle was well represented in the top positions of team girls and individual boys at the Pontotoc Invitational. Myrtle girls placed six runners in the top 20 and that enabled them to edge out New Site in points 56-59 and capture first place in the varsity girls 4000 meter run in 1A-3A. Marquez Howell of […]
Friday night’s game between New Albany and Amory had one of the most exciting endings that you will ever witness. What made it even more exciting was the way the emotions of the game swung one way and then another, then back the other way. Things started innocently enough with New Albany settling to let […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...