New Albany law enforcement reported an usual arrest – certainly the first of its type in a long time according to Chief Chris Robertson – when two individuals were charged with solicitation of prostitution. The arrests came shortly after about 10 p.m. Saturday, he said, after Pilot Truck Stop personnel called to report suspicious activity […]
New Albany police have charged two area men with grand larceny, accusing them of taking tools from HMC Sales at 910 Hwy. 30 West. Arrested were Matthew Jordan of Blue Springs and Julian Washington of Pontotoc County. Investigator Jeff Chism said the crime happened Aug. 9. The suspects waited in the back of the large […]
The Union County Development Association has been holding a series of informational and discussion breakfasts for area industry CEOs and human resource managers. A topic that keeps coming up is the problem of finding properly trained employees to hire, and employees that understand what the job entails and the work ethic needed to succeed in […]
Chris McDaniel, Tea Party candidate for the U. S. Senate, made good on his promise to take his runoff loss to Thad Cochran to the courts this past Thursday. If he is successful, it could have an impact on the election process in Union County as well as statewide. McDaniel filed suit against Cochran in […]
The 32nd annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo will be held this Saturday, Aug. 23, at Camp Armstrong. The event is for children ages 6 though 12 (each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). Registration is from 6 to 7:15 a.m. Fishing goes from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. and young anglers will weigh […]
NEW ALBANY – New Albany took early leads in the first two sets against Lafayette, but the Lady Commodores clawed their way back to win and took the third set by a wide margin as they won the match 3-0 on Monday. “We played hard, we just don’t know how to finish a game,” New […]
MYRTLE – Though the Lady Hawks found an early lead, the Corinth Warriors went home with the win in the Hawks 2014 slow-pitch opener. Kristen Young took the loss on the mound for the Hawks, while Corinth’s Allie Rhea Jacobs earned the win, giving up five hits and two walks to Myrtle. Young finished the […]
OXFORD – Another football season, another dramatic win. New Albany came out firing on all cylinders for their jamboree contest against the Kossuth Aggies, winning in a 14-12 decision after taking an early lead and never looking back. For a team who averaged seven points per game last season, the two touchdowns are already […]
The United Way of Northeast Mississippi has kicked off its 2014 fundraising campaign by setting a goal of $2,425,000, which is $25,000 more than last year’s goal. The campaign got a quiet start this year as the United Way helped distribute school supplies and backpacks to children throughout the region. In Union County, that has […]
CREATE’s Toyota Wellspring Advisory Committee will host a community forum in New Albany next week to discuss the need for improvement in K-12 career awareness and readiness in public schools. The forum, set for 5:15 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 20, at Magnolia Civic Center, will be one of three to be held in Union, Pontotoc and […]
Law enforcement officers from six counties were in New Albany Thursday to emphasize the danger of drinking and driving. The event at Taylor’s Restaurant was the formal kickoff of this year’s “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” DUI campaign, hosted by the Mississippi Office of Highway Safety. The program begins Friday, Aug. 15, and ends […]
A lack of available industrial buildings has been cited as an obstacle in the community’s effort to recruit new companies, but that situation may have improved slightly this week. Industrial Developer Josh West, who represents Union, Pontotoc and Chickasaw counties, told Union County supervisors that the owners of the former Hell Creek Industries millwork plant […]
Maxine Mroz Hunter, Union County native now living in Bartlett, Tenn., has recently published a book of human interest columns that she wrote from 1987 through 2002 for the New Albany Gazette. She will be featured at the next Museum Moments on Thursday, Aug. 21, at noon at the museum. The book, entitled Life Lessons […]
School has begun and that means it is time for the Back to School Health Fair at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. About 1,000 people, including as many has 500 children, are expected to turn out at the hospital from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, for a free health check, dental check, vision screening […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Hawks fall 3-1 to Corinth on Willams’ homerun hit August 19, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?