By Dennis Clayton New Albany squared off with division foe Corinth on Tuesday to determine which team would gain the early edge in the division standings. This night belonged to the Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs as New Albany boys won 2-1 in OT and New Albany girls won 4-1. Both teams are 1-0 in division. […]
By Dennis Clayton This week we have the pairings for the 35 bowls that our college teams will be participating in and if you would like an opportunity to win a cash prize of $150, by all means fill out the game form and join in the fun. It is of no cost or obligation […]
Thursday, December 5 Basketball Ingomar at South Pontotoc Tournament Corinth at NAMS Friday, December 6 New Albany at Myrtle (Homecoming) Pine Grove at East Union (Homecoming) East Webster at West Union (Homecoming) Ingomar at South Pontotoc Tournament Soccer New Albany at “The Show” – Shiloh Park Saturday, December 7 Basketball Ingomar at South Pontotoc Tournament […]
By Dennis Clayton The finish to the Alabama-Auburn game will go down in history as one of the most memorable and dramatic in history. Who would have thought when the Crimson Tide lined up for the field goal that the end result would be a 100-yard touchdown return for Auburn? (Actually Chris Davis caught the […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
The Union County Sheriff’s Office has implemented a new system designed to help victims and other citizens know when an offender has been released from the Union County Jail. It’s an automated system that the state offers using a federal grant called the Statewide Automated Victim Information Notification service or SAVIN, which provides notification through […]
The choice of an appetizer was going to be easy. Two of the three sounded yucky to me – the turkey rinds with hot sauce and the crispy pork belly with huckleberry jam. The third was deviled eggs with Spanish paprika and radish greens. I loved my mother’s deviled eggs when I was growing up, […]
The Union County coroner’s race is over, the special election votes counted, the runoff conducted, and the winner named. It was a grueling, but important, process whittling 13 candidates down to one – Pam Boman. We think those voters who participated, and it was less than a quarter of the registered voters in the first […]
By J. Lynn West In response to growing interest in the building of a city swimming pool or aquaplex, aldermen recently allotted $10,000 toward a feasibility study on the matter. A group that would be directly affected and perhaps is most interested is the Tallahatchie Tidal Wave Swim Team. The group, which now practices at […]
Our schools are on Thanksgiving break this week and our sports activities are minimal as a result. Since this is Thanksgiving week, it seems to be a good time to share my thanks and appreciation. I’m thankful for the opportunity to share sports with readers each week. It’s great to have a job, but it’s […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry