Hollis Simpson Hollis Doyle Simpson, 66, died Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Dec. 31, 1945 in New Albany to the late W.T. Simpson and Jewel Crum Simpson. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in Germany. He was a senior certified civil […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Edna Abernethy Edna Todd Abernethy, 87, of Madison, passed away Aug. 25, 2012 at Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland. She was born Oct. 13, 1924 in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas in the town of Donna. At the age of 14, she moved to the New Albany area and graduated from Macedonia High School. Since […]
Frank Swords Lester Franklin “Frank” Swords, a retired financial executive and local philanthropist, died Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis due to complications from brain surgery. He was 69. Swords was born in Ecru and moved to Memphis to attend Memphis State University, where he earned his Master’s degree in accounting. […]
Blanche Aldrich Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson. Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in […]
David Thompson Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved […]
Roy Johnson Roy Eugene Johnson, 74, of New Albany and formerly of Memphis, Tenn., died Aug. 18, 2012 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, with his family at his side. Johnson was born March 15, 1938 in Water Valley to Roy Mel and Elsie Johnson, both deceased. His love for and service to our country began […]
Clara Harpole Clara Dee Poe “Momma Dee” Harpole, 83, of Blue Springs, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 12, 1928 in Union County to the late Charlie and Rebecca Wilmoth Poe. She was a seamstress, homemaker and caregiver to those in need. She was a lifelong […]
Grover Wilhite Grover C. Wilhite, Jr., 80, died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012 at the North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Oct. 21, 1931 in Union County to the late Grover Cleveland Wilhite, Sr. and Flora A. Butler Wilhite. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in the Korean War. He was […]
Margaret Ledbetter Margaret Rutherford Ledbetter, 88, of New Albany, died Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 at her home. She was born February 19, 1924 in Tippah County to William Scott and Angie Perkins Rutherford. She was a homemaker and enjoyed restoring furniture and antiques. She loved her animals, especially horses. She was a member of Ebenezer […]
William Craig William Keith Craig, 24, of Lake Village, Ark., died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012. He was born Feb. 24, 1988, in Greenville and was a pipeliner and mechanic and a member of Sherman Baptist Church in Sherman. He is survived by his father, Brian Craig and his wife, Bridgett, of Lake Village, Ark.; his […]
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...