Union Countians who had the opportunity to make it downtown Friday and Saturday during the 2008 Tallahatchie Riverfest were met with more people than they could shake a stick at. According to Union County Development Association Tourism Specialist Bethany Dalton, this year’s crowd was perhaps the largest ever to attend the annual event. “We don’t […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Despite continuing questions regarding the official zoning status of a Munsford Drive property, the Memphis-based asphalt Company, Lehman-Roberts Asphalt Paving Co. has begun construction on its prospective New Albany plant. According to New Albany Building/Zoning Inspector Mike Armstrong, a building permit was issued to the company on June 5, following consultation with New Albany City […]
During the Union County Board of Supervisors meeting held Monday, July 28, the board received a visit from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County Chief Executive Officer James Huffman. He came before the board to talk about the hospital’s annual income. He stated that for each year, the hospital’s income was reinvested back into the hospital. Huffman […]
Blues history is part of the foundation of what makes Mississippi unique. Preserving that history and educating others of its substance is a task to embrace in order for the history to thrive. The setting of the Mississippi Blues Commission between October 2003 and July 2004 has brought about the existence of the Mississippi Blues […]
Two weeks after receiving word from the Mississippi State Auditors office regarding the legal standing of its asphalt contract with W.G. Construction, the Union County board of Supervisors voted Wednesday to advertise for asphalt bids for its state aid road project. The contract with W.G. Construction was advertised in December and were going to expect […]
The lack of rain and the rising costs of farming and growing have been topics of conversation among Union County farmers. According to Stanley Wise, Union County Extension Director for the Mississippi State University Extension Service, “The top agricultural commodity in Union County is forestry, followed by soybeans, cattle and calves, corn, then cotton. We […]
The pleasures of summer ball are paying off for one local softball team. The Mississippi Girls, a 16 and under softball team based out of Pontotoc have reached the World Series state championships after winning the north half championship last weekend in Hernando. Mississippi Girls consists of 10 girls from three counties, Lee, Pontotoc and […]
When passing by the New Albany Sportsplex, it’s easy to be confused as to why the soccer fields are occupied during the middle of July. Practicing and conditioning in full swing this summer, New Albany High School’s boys and girls soccer teams are preparing for their upcoming season. Both under the direction of new head […]
As the school year draws closer, many area teams are heading back to the field and preparing for the upcoming season. As his team is indoors working on weight training and conditioning, West Union slow pitch softball coach Andy Kirk is taking on a necessary, but not-so glamorous job. “This is the part no one […]
Cecil Gandy Sr., 81 Cecil Ray Gandy Sr., 81, of Potts Camp, died Tuesday, July 8, 2008, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born July 9, 1926, in Marshall County to James Marion Gandy and Bennie Lee McCallum Gandy. He was an employee of the Wurlitzer factory and a member of the First […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?