Marcus Nabers, 31 Marcus Jerome Nabers, 31, of Belden, died Thursday, July 30, 2009. He was born February 13, 1978 in New Albany. He had worked in steel building construction and most recently was emloyed by Ashley Furniture. He was a member of Water Brook Baptist Church. Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, August 4, […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Dear Amy: I’m 23 years old, and about a year ago I started my first romantic relationship. I was friends with the boy for eight years, and we always got along well. However, recently I’ve discovered that my boyfriend doesn’t censor anything he thinks around people he’s very close to and can be outright verbally […]
The family of Fert and Della (Huckaby) Graham of Loraine, Texas hosted a barbecue featuring Texas brisket with all the trimmings at the Loraine Community Center on Saturday, July 18. Bob Graham (87) was the eldest attending. Bob (Wanza) Graham and Donald (Doris) Graham are the surviving siblings of this family that have kin in […]
This is Sunday, August 2, 2009. We have been at Baptist Memorial Hospital since Thursday, July 23. Tomorrow they will be moving David to rehab. He is doing well but needs some help to get back on track. There have been a lot of visitors and calls. Those visiting with us: Tim Easley of Memphis, […]
We did it! We pulled it off!! Malcolm’s 80th birthday party was a complete surprise. We had the party at the church in the Family Life Center. Belinda was doing and going so much, she came up with the idea she was helping Beverly and Holly give Twanda a surprise birthday party. It worked. The […]
Football is back in New Albany, as the Bulldogs took the field Monday for their first official practice of the 2009 season. With much excitement surrounded around this season, head coach Ron Price has a team coming off one of the strongest offseason workouts he has seen since joining the staff at NAHS. “It’s exciting […]
The inaugural season of the BNA Bank Cotton States League had a fitting end, as the top two teams finished as the regular season and tournament champions. Tallahatchie took the league championship after finishing in first place, just ahead of the North Delta Dealers. However, the Rascals could not find their bats in the CSBL […]
The Lady Tigers 15U AAU squad took a seventh place finish after a slow start in the AAU National Tournament. Losing their first three games, the Lady Tigers picked up their first win versus the Arkansas Wings, 71-68, behind Katie Gavin’s 18 points. Union County’s Kabrina Lucas had 14 while NAHS teammate Jazmine Spears had […]
The decision by Union and Pontotoc counties to pool resources and hire one economic development director strikes us as a good one. The Union County Development Association, the Pontotoc County Chamber of Commerce and the Union and Pontotoc county boards of supervisors have decided to recruit one person to represent both counties. The economic development […]
A new face will grace the presence of the New Albany softball team this year. With her athletic 5’4 build and a fierce swing that scares even the best pitchers, she will be a force to be reckoned with this season, and she made her first appearance at Tuesday night’s workout at the high school. […]
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...