Longtime church, community and hospital supporter Dwight Williams was the guest of honor at the twentieth annual Baptist Memorial Hospital Tree of Love dedication ceremony. Hospital Administrator James Huffman welcomed everyone to the program held inside the BMH cafeteria. Hospital Auxiliary President Kathy Wood followed Huffman and explained that each year a tree is placed […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Hickory Flat Attendance Center will host its 2007 Homecoming Ceremony this Friday, Dec. 14, 2007, when the Rebels play host to Houlka. The ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the school’s basketball gym. A homecoming dance will be held following the games. Pictured above is Hickory Flat Attendance Center’s 2007 Homecoming Court. Left to […]
The December Myrtle Board of Alderman meeting was a night full of business and visitors, the most prominent visitor being the city’s newest representative on the Union County Board of Supervisors, Peanut Pickens. Pickens said he came to show his support for the city of Myrtle and that he would be there for them if […]
Final inspections on the new building at the Northeast Mississippi Community College-New Albany campus are now underway, according to school officials. “The contractors are going through a final inspection on the building right now,” said New Albany Campus Director Billy Bolden. “We are supposed to inspect the building Monday, Dec. 10 to make sure everything […]
I would like to begin by saying Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, because this will be my last article for 2007. This will be the last hustle and bustle week for Ingomar before Christmas. Many classes will study and review on Monday and Tuesday and exams will begin Wednesday, Dec. 12, for 1st […]
Exams have been going on so far. We’ve already had our 1st and 7th period exam, but we have five more exams to go. If you already don’t have it, here is the exam schedule: Wednesday December 12: 7:48 – 9:40 – 2nd period exam 9:40 – 9:50 – Break 9:53 – 11:47 – 3rd […]
Good Morning to everyone from Center Hill Community. We hope each of you got lots of your Christmas shopping done last week, everything wrapped, under the tree and are ready for Santa. HoHoHo!!! My house is upside downwith no presents wrappedironing stacked, but laundry is done!!! Theres too many other fun things to do this […]
Wendy Alexander and Matt Whisenant, both of New Albany, are proud to announce the birth of their son, Preston Corey Whisenant. Preston was born at 3:24 p.m. on November 28, 2007 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. He weighed five pounds, 15 ounces and measured 19 3/4 inches long. Grandparents are Mike and Vickie Whisenant of […]
The Playhouse The alarm was set for 5:30 a.m.. I reached to turn it off at 5. That was a signal that my “engine” was warming early for the day’s race. I hurried to my study to organize my thoughts for Bible study and to get God’s Word into my head and heart before the […]
Jade Childers and Ken Coggin, both of New Albany, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Keily Danielle Coggin. Keily was born at 9:48 a.m. on August 12, 2007 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She weighed six pounds, seven ounces and measured 18 inches long. Grandparents are Jovanna and BJ Rainey, Rusty Childers, […]
- Thumbing to California July 23, 2014
- Improving the ER July 23, 2014
- Jets shut out Bollweevils July 25, 2014
- Union County Fair Pet Show winners July 25, 2014
- Arts Beats and Eats bringing food, art and fellowship back Friday July 30, 2014
- The single life is not for us July 30, 2014
- Arts, Beats & Eats July 30, 2014
- County has new airport projects coming up July 30, 2014
- Museum seeks new Faulkner-inspired art for September exhibit July 30, 2014
- Nance retires from Department of Corrections July 30, 2014
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey