Myrtle 84 Hickory Flat 67 Amber Williamson and Aspriona Gilbert once again were the go-to girls for the Lady Hawks, as Myrtle picked up their eighth win of the year defeating Hickory Flat Tuesday night. Williamson had a team high 37, while Gilbert added 26 in the winning effort. Myrtle came out shooting hot early, […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Bowling season is underway in Union County, as both East Union and West Union have started their seasons. The Lady Eagles opened their title defense with a sweep the Lady Urchins 8-0 to open the season, while the Eagles completed the sweep with the 6-2 win over the defending state champs. Lady Eagle Jenna Nolley […]
Students attending Northeast Mississippi Community College (NEMCC) in the spring semester will have the ability to take hybrid courses. According to the 2009 NEMCC student handbook, “NEMCC hybrid courses combine traditional face-to-face classroom instruction with internet-based distance education. This is the first time that courses like this have ever been offered at Northeast.” NEMCC […]
New Albany residents and business owners have recently seen a light or dark brown discoloration in the water. This discoloration is not harmful to drink or use unless the water is brown and laundry is done. In that case, the laundry might turn brown as well. Harold Smith, manager of New Albany Light, Gas and […]
Dr. and Mrs. Eddie Jackson Grisham are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Beth Christina Grisham of Augusta, Ga. to Kevin Benjamin Cowart of Thomson, Ga., son of Mr. and Mrs. Benje L. Cowart of Thomson, Ga. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. Herbert Thomas and the late Mrs. […]
Mr. and Mrs. Marvin P. Jarrett of Shady Grove will be honored on their 60th wedding anniversary on Sunday, November 30, 2008 with a reception from 2-3 p.m. at their home. The celebration will be hosted by their children and grandchildren. All friends and relatives are invited.
During its Monday, Nov. 17 public meeting, the New Albany board of aldermen announced that it decided to uphold its earlier termination of former New Albany Parks and Recreation Director Edgar Capaning. Monday’s meeting had been set during the board’s Nov. 4 meeting due to many citizens’ concerns and questions regarding the manner in which […]
By New Albany Gazette The 2008 “Sharing at Christmas Fund” is now underway, with the goal to once again reach $25,000 in donations. The New Albany Gazette was open on Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008, to take applications from those in need of help this year. While the Gazette will not be taking any more applications […]
By Angie Barmer New Albany and Union County will flourish with the color yellow next spring as daffodils blossom throughout the city. Approximately 2,500 yellow Judge Master early bloomer daffodils will be planted in late November to represent all of the residents in Union County. The number planted will be adjusted as the population increases. […]
By Elizabeth Zaremba The Myrtle park was the main topic of interest during this month’s Board of Aldermen meeting held on November 6. Among things discussed was a new ordinance, as well as ways to beautify the area. The Aldermen discussed Ordinance 72 in October, which would prohibit overnight parking at the park as well […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?