One of the really bad effects of an economy experiencing a downturn such as the one we are in today, are the choices many people have to make with their money. Unfortunately, in order to survive, lots of people who are good stewards of their churches and charity in general, cease to make contributions, […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Virginia Cook, 34 Virginia “Berd” Mosley Cook, 34, of New Albany, died March 8, 2009, at North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo. She was born Aug. 13, 1974, to Thomas Mosley and Jessie Faye Mosley in New Albany. At an early age, she accepted Christ and joined Mallalieu United Methodist Church, where she served in the Youth […]
Haley Taylor is getting comfortable with her new role as the designated batter for the Lady Falcon softball team. The senior struggled with being moved to the designated batter spot during the Tupelo Softball Association Jamboree, but once she adjusted to change the Lady Falcons have reaped the benefits of her hot bat by winning […]
West Union 15 Coldwater 0 (Game 1) Danielle Taylor had eight strikeouts, as the Lady Eagles defeated the Lady Cougars in three innings. Jumper and Stephanie Hall both had doubles, while Jumper, along with Carley and Claire Wilkerson all had homeruns. West Union 21 Coldwater 0 (Game 2) The Lady Eagles saw similar results in […]
Get well wishes to Robbin Gregory. She had surgery recently. From all reports, she seems to be doing well. Flowers were placed in the sanctuary at Ecru Baptist Church in honor of Omie Dyer’s 89th birthday. Her grandchildren remembered her in this special way. Children’s Ministry Day at Ecru Baptist Church will begin with a […]
The New Albany Garden Club (NAGC) met February 12, 2009 in the home of Beth Prater with 25 members, one associate member, and two guests present. President Betty Campbell called the meeting to order. She thanked Mrs. Prater and co-hostesses Mrs. Bethany Dalton and Mrs. J.J. Harris. She also expressed appreciation to Mrs. Lynn Madden […]
Coach Richard Byrd was hoping to have a good showing during the Tupelo Softball Association Jamboree. He got that and then some as the Lady Falcons picked up a wave of momentum heading into division play with a 2-1 win over 5A DeSoto Central Lady Jaguars on Saturday. Ingomar got on the board in the […]
The Sherman Church of Christ youth held their youth devotional after evening services Feb. 15. The Tri-County Baptist Valentine Banquet was held Saturday, Feb. 14, at 6:30 p.m. The men of the church cooked steaks for their ladies and also served them. Congratulations to Calvin and Mary Holloway on their 62nd wedding anniversary, which they […]
Today’s recipes are from “Best of the Best from Mississippi” cookbook, published by Quail Ridge press in Brandon, MS. editors Gwen Mckee and Barbara Mosely. These ladies have visited every state and published a cookbook from each one. At one time I owned that entire set, but when the column stopped I donated them to […]
East Union traveled to Ackerman on Saturday, where they fell to East Webster 19-1. The Urchins had a 10-0 victory over Walnut Thursday night, as Casey McBrayer only allowed one hit in the game. That same defense could not be found against East Webster, as they mounted 21 hits in the game to the Urchins […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...