I saw Frances Gardner in town this week and it is always good to renew old acquaintances every now and then. Our community was saddened this week when word came that Steve Hood, State Trooper was killed in a car accident Friday afternoon. Our sympathy goes out to this precious family. A cousin, Ellen Clark […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
Eagle fans will have a familiar face on the sidelines in 2009, as Joey Baird returns to his alma mater to take the helm of West Union boys basketball. As officially announced by the school and the Union County School Board in their June 1 meeting, Baird will replace Kevin Williams, who is transferring to […]
Ingomar native Beyunka Sanders will have the opportunity to work toward her dream after being selected as a Tiger Dancer for Northeast Community College next school year. A 2009 graduate, Sanders was a Falcon cheerleader for four years, serving two years as captain. Dancing for many years, she credits her years in cheerleading for her […]
I am grateful to Brian Kaylor, a contributing editor at EthicsDaily.com, for making me aware of a recent development at the Thomas Nelson publishing house. Thomas Nelson is one of the largest Christian publishers in America, and one of the leading publishers Bibles. It’s their most recent Bible product that is a source of concern. […]
The wait is over and the new collegiate baseball summer league games are underway at Legion Field at the New Albany Sportsplex. Four teams have been put together in the North Division of the Cotton States Baseball League, and all four teams will play their games in New Albany this summer. The season kicked off […]
Craig Bullock finds himself in a familiar situation this summer, as he reunites with former teammates and his high school coach in the BNA Bank Cotton States League. The Northeast signee is already known in the county from playing at East Union, and he recently participated in the Northeast Mississippi Coaches Association for Better Baseball […]
Katie Sanders Katie Mae Sanders of New Albany, died Friday, May 29, 2009, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Beasley Funeral Home. Lois Harris, 75 Lois Butler Harris, 75, of Myrtle, died Saturday, May 30, 2009, at the Graceland Care Center in New Albany. She was […]
I am always looking for recipes and thanks to a special friend, Bobbie Ann Rorie, I now have a new cookbook to select from. This is a family cookbook title “The Perfect Recipe for Parenting.” BROCCOLI SOUP 2 (10-oz.) pkgs. chopped broccoli 1 lb. American cheese 3/4 cup chopped onion 2 tablespoons butter […]
The white oak leaf hydrangeas are in full bloom around the drive to Sand Springs Cemetery. The grounds are well-kept and a source of pride to community residents. Congratulations to Coach Zane Hale who was inducted into the first Northeast Mississippi Hall of Fame for basketball coaches at Northeast Mississippi Community College on Saturday, May […]
Another month has made its appearance with a bright beautiful day leaving the events of May behind with good memories for some and sad times for some, hoping for good and better days for those who are not up to their better days. It was good for our pastor, Bro. Kyle to be back home […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on