Unofficial results but with absentee votes counted Rob Anderson – 651 – 17.51% Pam Browning Boman – 833 – 22.40% Pamela Steward Denham – 309 – 8.31% Lisa Taylor Galloway – 210 – 5.65% Toby Hill – 501 – 13.47% Wayne Martin – 37 – 1.00% April Roberts – 116 – 3.12% Stephen Robinson – […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
by Lynn West Pam Browning Boman and Rob Anderson will face each other in a runoff election Nov. 26 to see who wins the Union County coroner’s post. In unofficial results Tuesday, Boman received 22.4 percent of the vote compared to Anderson’s 17.51 percent. The runoff is necessary because no candidate got more than 50 […]
Union County Medical Examiner 20 of 20 precincts (unofficial) Rob Anderson – 618 Pam Boman – 807 Pamela Denham – 281 Lisa Galloway – 192 Toby Hill – 478 Wayne Martin – 35 April Roberts – 110 Stephen Robinson – 25 Janice Upton -32 Lee Waldrop – 506 Brenda Whiteside – 109 Sherri Williams – […]
On November 14th, First Choice Center for Women will host its 3rd annual Silent Auction fundraiser at the New Albany Presbyterian Church. “This year we have added a little something different”, reports Lacretia Wilkinson, director. “In addition to our Silent Auction we will host a Holiday Market of 20 vendor booths from local area merchants […]
By Martha Swindle Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by Sherman Public Library Halloween night for some candy. If weather permits, the Sherman Public Library will be hosting a Movie Night featuring “Epic” rated PG Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6:30 p.m. in front of the Library. So come on out, bring a warm blanket and your […]
By Susan Hooker The cold snap last week had childhood friends, M.P. Jarrett of Lappatubby Creek and Roy Dillard of Duncan Creek, both octogenarians, out hunting squirrels for stew in their respective neighborhoods as this is their annual fall meal. Now the persimmons, the sweet potatoes, and new sorghum molasses will grace area menus as […]
By Lou McQuary On Saturday, Oct. 26, Ava Grace Russell celebrated her fourth birthday at her home with a pirate party.The children came dressed as pirates, and Ava Grace was dressed as Izzy from the cartoon “Jack and the Never Land Pirates.” Children celebrating with Ava were Amya Slack; Garrison Carpenter; Jed Rucker Long; Zoey […]
By Martha Hardy Even though we have had several nights that the temperature has dropped down to the freezing point and has gotten all my plants that we meant to save, put inside etc., we still have lots of things that have not been killed, such as my cherry tomato plant. It has been such […]
By Martha Swindle Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by the Sherman Fire Department Halloween night. The volunteer firemen will be handing out fire safety and prevention information and candy to area children. There is a chance that Sparky, the fire dog, will make an appearance. The Sherman Church of Christ Youths held their youth devo […]
By Lou McQuary Recently Regina Russell and her sister, Pam Harrison, treated their parents, Jamie and Rachel Hill, with a visit to Lawrenceburg, Tenn. They enjoyed going to the sawmill, and they watched them make molasses. The gals bought baskets, sweet potatoes, and molasses while Mr. Jamie enjoyed “getting his eyes full” of all the […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?