By Angie Barmer Blue Springs Board of Aldermen continued discussion of a variety of topics during its February meeting, including adopting a sign ordinance for the town. During the discussion, various members described their visits other towns and cities recently to get ideas on which places to look at for ideas for a good sign […]
Archive | Community News RSS feed for this section
By Martha Swindle Sherman Baptist Church will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service Sunday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. with Sherman Grove, Sherman Methodist, and other area churches joining the service. The Sherman Baptist youths are planning a skit, and lunch will follow in the Activities Building. No evening services will be held that evening […]
By Lou McQuary Curtis Melvin Moody passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 12. He was the son of the late Ruby and Doyle Moody, and he leaves several children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in addition to his wife, Janice. He was a retired Master Sergeant of the US Air Force. Visitation and the funeral were held […]
By Susan Hooker The lovely shade trees of summer are now a golden amber as the oak leaves are now making a thick carpet on lawns in the neighborhood. Every wind or rain storm brings another wave. Sophie, Aden and I discussed stopping at the home place of the late Thelma and Dewitt Swords to […]
By Martha Hardy Here is hoping this rain we have been getting is helping to replenish our water tables. I just read this week that some of us waste too much water when there are places that are in need of it. We will have to keep in mind that the Lord knows our needs […]
Unofficial results but with absentee votes counted Rob Anderson – 651 – 17.51% Pam Browning Boman – 833 – 22.40% Pamela Steward Denham – 309 – 8.31% Lisa Taylor Galloway – 210 – 5.65% Toby Hill – 501 – 13.47% Wayne Martin – 37 – 1.00% April Roberts – 116 – 3.12% Stephen Robinson – […]
by Lynn West Pam Browning Boman and Rob Anderson will face each other in a runoff election Nov. 26 to see who wins the Union County coroner’s post. In unofficial results Tuesday, Boman received 22.4 percent of the vote compared to Anderson’s 17.51 percent. The runoff is necessary because no candidate got more than 50 […]
Union County Medical Examiner 20 of 20 precincts (unofficial) Rob Anderson – 618 Pam Boman – 807 Pamela Denham – 281 Lisa Galloway – 192 Toby Hill – 478 Wayne Martin – 35 April Roberts – 110 Stephen Robinson – 25 Janice Upton -32 Lee Waldrop – 506 Brenda Whiteside – 109 Sherri Williams – […]
On November 14th, First Choice Center for Women will host its 3rd annual Silent Auction fundraiser at the New Albany Presbyterian Church. “This year we have added a little something different”, reports Lacretia Wilkinson, director. “In addition to our Silent Auction we will host a Holiday Market of 20 vendor booths from local area merchants […]
By Martha Swindle Trick-or-Treaters are invited to come by Sherman Public Library Halloween night for some candy. If weather permits, the Sherman Public Library will be hosting a Movie Night featuring “Epic” rated PG Saturday, Nov. 2, at 6:30 p.m. in front of the Library. So come on out, bring a warm blanket and your […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on