The January meeting of Dogwood Hills Garden Club was held at the lovely home of Jackie and Sandra Ford. An inspirational devotional entitled “The Wolf at Your Door” was delivered by Bettye McMillen. A dinner of three different soups, congealed salad, and an array of desserts was enjoyed by all club members and a host […]
Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
The December meeting of the New Albany Garden Club was held at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living Home. President Rhetta Ann West welcomed all residents, club members and guests. Hostesses Barbara Tyre and Glenda Conlee served residents and guests refreshments, and Mrs. Tyre provided a beautiful seasonal floral arrangement, “Christmas Celebration.” Mrs. West presented an inspirational […]
Jill Cataldo saves hundreds by making the most of the common coupon. You can, too. Here’s how. Are all shoppers entitled to the same coupons? By Jill Cataldo CTW Features Recently, we heard from readers who feel it’s unfair that manufacturers and retailers use electronic coupons. They argue that consumers without computers or […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell Willpower, I wish it came in capsule form. I want to be healthy and live long and strong…I do… but. That’s the problem…but, there’s so much temptation out there, in my kitchen, my fridge, the supermarket, the quick stop…not to mention all those restaurants serving up dishes designed to wilt whatever […]
Outlaws, robbers, killers have always held a morbid fascination for many. And as this region and area surrounding the Natchez Trace was evolving at the end of the 17th century and early 1800s, outlaws were a real and present danger to travelers as well as the pioneer residents. Come to the Union County Museum at […]
The Tallahatchie River Players are announcing the casting of their Spring musical, “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown.” Based on the popular “Peanuts” comic strip by Charles Shultz, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” opened on March 7, 1967 and played for 1,597 performances in New York at the theatre 80 St. Marks with Gary […]
The Dean Provence Endowment for Excellence in Education Board recently announced the allocation of funds totaling more than $10,000.00 to teachers in the New Albany School District. In an effort to maximize the effectiveness of the awards, grants were directed to New Albany Elementary School and the New Albany High School Career and Technical Department. […]
On Friday, Dec. 14, administrators and staff members at New Albany Elementary School dressed as special holiday characters to visit with NAES students and lead them in singing Christmas carols. Pictured l-r: Pre-K Director Glen Reeder as the Grinch; Assistant Principal Dr. Linda Grisham as Frosty the Snowman; Principal Windy Faulkner as the Elf; Assistant […]
Mr. and Mrs. George McAfee Buchanan III of New Albany, Miss. announce the engagement of their daughter, Ellen Ferris Buchanan to Henry Matthew Staten, both of New Albany. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. George McAfee Buchanan Jr. of Holly Springs, and Mr. Wesley Hardy Ray of Holly Springs, formerly […]
Allen Pannell of Blue Springs and Jeff and Pam Rowan of New Albany announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Morgan Nicole Pannell to William Arnold Campbell III, son of Mr. and Mrs. Billy Campbell of New Albany. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Dean Dillard of Blue Springs and […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?