I blame Lawrence Zinn. Two weeks ago at the New Albany-Baldwyn football game, I bumped into Zinn on the sideline and noticed a unique pair of shoes he was wearing. The scuba diving-like shoes with slots for each toe intrigued me, even more so after discovering that they’re good for running. I blogged a couple […]
When the Bulldogs’ defense lines up against M.S. Palmer this week, they will see one of the largest lines they will face this season and will be partially led by two brothers with the unique opportunity to play together. Shawn and Shane Smith began their football careers in middle school before an ACL injury sidelined […]
Union County JV found the intensity they had in their opening game against Ripley, defeating Belmont on the road, 14-8, on Tuesday. Broderick Montgomery and Jonathan Thomas each had scores for UC, after finding themselves down early in the game. “We were down 8-6 and had the ball fourth and goal and couldn’t punch it […]
A possible division title was on the line Tuesday night as West Union and Myrtle battled to take the lead in Division 2-1A. Entering the game, the Lady Hawks knew they needed to win by more than one run over the Lady Eagles. That and a win over Blue Mountain on Thursday would give Myrtle […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College takes its league-leading defense into Goodman Thursday night as the Tigers look to continue the program’s best start since 2005. Northeast (2-1, 1-0 in North Division) makes the trek to Goodman to take on Holmes Community College in the two program’s 46th meeting in the 51-year history of the Tiger […]
Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Of course I am, I thought, when the show by that name first arrived on television. You know the one. Host Jeff Foxworthy quizzes celebrities and folks like you and me about topics fifth graders are supposed to have learned in school. How hard can that be? I’ve […]
The situation with the American Red Cross operation in New Albany continues to deteriorate with the resignation of Sally Zemek, the local part-time staff member. An ill-conceived plan to abolish the local Red Cross chapter and Zemek’s part-time job as its director has resulted in a situation that can best be described as a mess. […]
With the November elections approaching, Union Countians living in District Two will have a choice to make regarding a Union County school board representative. Gary Gray, who currently holds the seat of School Board, District Two, will face challenger Mickey Basil in the Nov. 2, 2010 election. Meanwhile, Union County School Board member Terry Cook, […]
Mr. Edward Grant of New Albany, Miss. and Mrs. Barbara Davis of Booneville, Miss. are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Emily Jean Grant of New Albany to James Thomas West of Baldwyn. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. John Todd and the late Dorothy Todd and the late […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry