Union County did not give up in their second contest against Potts Camp. Despite the 18-6 setback against the Cardinals, the loss highlighted several areas the team can work on. “We’ve got to fix some problems on the offensive line,” UC head coach Scott Duley said. “Potts Camp is a great team and they […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors Monday adopted the 2010-2011 budget, the ad valorem tax levy, and the ad valorem tax increase. The board has a total projected revenue of $12,046,981. Of that amount $6,544,410, will be financed through a total ad valorem tax levy. In the last fiscal year, the board operated with a […]
In the course of one year, Hickory Flat Attendance Center has moved up two education accreditation levels from being “At-Risk of Failing” to “Successful.” The Mississippi Department of Education accountability model, which was introduced last year, measures student performance on more rigorous curriculum and assessments. Under the accountability model, schools and districts received performance classification […]
Patrons interested in enjoying a plethora of visual, literary, and performing arts can get ready to enjoy the annual Tallahatchie RiverFest in downtown New Albany. RiverFest will be taking place Sept. 23-25, 2010 on the Union County Courthouse lawn and in surrounding locations, depending on the day and time of the event. According to Union […]
Visitors to New Albany can go back in time to the good ol’ days of washing clothes on a washboard, shucking their own corn, shelling their own peas, and more a the ninth annual Union County Heritage Pioneer Days. Heritage Pioneer Days will take place at the Union County Heritage Museum in New Albany on […]
A portion of the following story was omitted from the Friday, Sept. 10, 2010 edition of the New Albany Gazette. It is being reprinted in its entirety. The New Albany Gazette regrets this error. To report errors, call 534-6321, ext. 421. Firefighters with New Albany Fire Department recently competed in a national firefighter competition […]
If you were unable to make it to Sherman Day this past Saturday, you missed a lot of fun, fellowship, and belly-laughs. The day began with a wonderful turnout of 105 entries in the Sherman Day 5K run, which was sponsored by Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy. Several age division awards were given to males and […]
Homecoming at Hurricane Baptist Church will be held on Oct. 3 with special services for the day as the night service will be changed to the afternoon. There will be a fellowship meal at noon. The Wise Family Farms are getting prepared for their festivities beginning the first weekend in October located on Shady Grove […]
The red bud that stretches its branches outside our den window is wearing a few yellow-tipped leaves. My backyard tomato plants have succumbed to a greedy worm and the August temps. The prolific rose bush has stopped being prolific. The lonely call of the turtle dove grows more familiar each time I walk to the […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry