New Albany got more good manufacturing news last week with the announcement of the expansion of VIP Cinema Seating in our community. The company, the world’s largest manufacturer of premium cinema seating, introduced luxury reclining seating to the theater industry in 2008 and has been on a roll ever since. The current expansion is into […]
Today is Administrative Professionals Day, part of a week dedicated to the people in many organizations who provide the support that helps keep them running. It wasn’t always called that. The day and the week began as National Secretaries Week in 1952.Both the title of the week and the day were changed in 2000 to […]
Businessman and former Tupelo Mayor Jack Reed Jr. will be guest speaker at the Union County Development Association annual membership banquet Monday, April 27. Reed is president of the Reed’s Department Store company. While Tupelo mayor from 2009 to 2013, he was credited with creating the position of a municipal communications director, establishing a recurring […]
Union County supervisors approved an agreement Monday that will see a couple of railroad crossings in the southeastern part of the county upgraded. The crossing on County Road 265 in Blue Springs will have crossing gates in addition to lights and the crossing will be widened and the approach improved. Fourth District Supervisor Randy Owen […]
Saturday’s sixth annual “Night Our for New Haven” raised close to $7,000 according to board member Phil Nanney. Nanney, who served as emcee, told the nearly 300 attendees the main purpose this year is to raise money for a new addition that is not only needed to serve present clients but will allow New Haven […]
Today, most people indicted by the county grand jury are well aware they will be charged because most have already been arrested. Still, some indictments come as a surprise and that’s what happened Monday night for some area residents as deputies served warrants for charges ranging from drug sales to sexual battery. “The county had […]
The annual meeting of the Union County Historical Society will be Friday, May 8, at noon, at the First United Methodist Church. Guest speaker for the event will be author of four books and columnist Rick Cleveland, who will talk about his most recent book, Mississippi’s Greatest Athletes. Cleveland has been executive director of the […]
UNITE (Union County/New Albany Initiative to Excel), New Albany and Union County’s community foundation, will award more than $20,000 to 16 organizations at the annual grant presentation and fundraising dinner on Thursday, April 23. UNITE was begun as a Union County affiliate of the CREATE Foundation to help fund community improvement projects. Hudson Hickman is […]
A traffic stop Sunday has led to heroin charges for three people. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said deputies stopped a vehicle about 3 p.m. Sunday on County Road 515 for careless driving. In the vehicle were three people who apparently had come from Memphis and were found to have about a gram and a half of […]
New Albany High School held its annual beauty review on March 28. Morris Kelly Clayton was crowned Most Beautiful and Seth Male was named Most Handsome. Beauties included Sarah Gaines, Payton Robbins, Tashiunna Judon and Lauren Paige Hamilton. Beaus included Parker Nail, Jack Cooper, Austin Heard and Jarel Lipsey. Spirit of the Pageant winners were […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on