Northeast Mississippi Community College’s softball program continues to plan for its first-ever alumni weekend. Northeast head coach Jody Long set the date for the weekend to coincide with the 2010 Homecoming at the college and also with the induction of former Lady Tiger softball coach David Carnell into the Northeast Sports Hall of Fame on […]
Bill Tucker, a member of the New Albany Board of Aldermen, died Tuesday while in surgery at the Birmingham, Ala., hospital. Tucker, 48, had had recurring health problems and was undergoing surgery at the University of Alabama Medical Center because of a staphylcoccus infection. Tucker was serving his third term on the Board of Aldermen. […]
The Mississippi Humanities Council and the Itawamba Community College Honors Council will present “Mississippi Writers: Alive and Well” at 6 p.m., Oct. 21. Blue Mountain College Learning Center Director Anna Quinn of New Albany will present the event in the Crubaugh Technical Education seminar room at the ICC Fulton campus. Quinn, a recently retired English […]
Caroline Stroud, a senior at New Albany High School, recently attended the annual Mississippi Scholastic Press Association journalism conference held in Farley Hall on the Ole Miss campus on September 24, 2010. Serving as the newly elected 2010 MSPA president, Caroline’s first duty was to welcome all new and returning students and inform them […]
The New Albany Main Street Association sponsored the “Main Street Window Display” contest from September 1 – 21. Congratulations to “Merle Norman,” the winner of the 2010 Main Street Window Display Contest. The participating stores that took part in this event were: Bankhead Flowers & Fine Gifts, Bankhead Gallery, Barbara Tyre, Bead Shack, […]
Trick or Treat Downtown will take place again from 6-8 p.m. on October 28, 2010 in downtown New Albany. A costume contest will be held during this time. The age categories are as follows: Birth to 2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-10. Sign-up will begin at 6 p.m. The contest starts at 6:30 p.m. Prizes […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Office of Continuing Education will host a Praxis I Workshop on Thursday, October 14 from 3 – 6 p.m. in McCoy Hall room 234. Cost is $35. Pre-registration is required for all Northeast continuing education courses so officials can see how many students will be attending. For more information perspective participants […]
The New Albany Main Street Association is encouraging local high school students to get involved in the community. Students in grades 9 through 12 is encouraged to join the New Albany Main Street Youth Committee. The next meeting is at 7:00 p.m. Oct. 19 in the Magnolia Civic Center. If you are interested in joining […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on