County rivals met up on the final night of the West Union Round Robin, with East Union and the Eagles closing out the tournament with a series split. In the girls game, Leah Paige Goolsby finished her fourth game in a row scoring in double figures with the Lady Eagles winning 48-35. Trading the lead […]
In a rare multi-team double-dip at Bonner Arnold Coliseum on the campus of Northeast Mississippi Community College, Ricky Ford’s Lady Tigers improved to 2-1 with a win over Jackson State (Tenn.) Community College while David Robbin’s Tigers took the National Junior College Athletic Association’s (NJCAA) No. 10 team to the brink. Ford got a career-high […]
Five Blue Mountain College cross country runners will compete in the NAIA National Championships Saturday, Nov. 20 in Vancouver, Wash. From BMC are Magan Wilburn, a sophomore from Mooreville; Austin Epting, a sophomore from Baldwyn; Tuesdae Rowland, a junior from Ripley; Emma Baxter, a freshman from Kossuth; and Richard Feist, a junior from Saltillo.
Some of the biggest games for New Albany this season have been defined by one play, and it took just that to spark the ‘Dawgs in their second round road win at Kosciusko Friday night. Receiving the ball first in the second half of a scoreless game, Kareem Brown returned the kickoff 87 yards, sparking […]
Two potential state champions hit the court Thursday night for an early season barnburner, with New Albany holding the upper hand against Myrtle, 62-51. The game plan for the Lady Bulldogs was simple: keep the ball out of the hands of junior star Aspriona Gilbert, and they did just that in the first quarter, allowing […]
The New Albany Cobra Unit finished 13th place in the state at a recent state competition in Meridian. The 2010 Mississippi Tactical Officers Association conference took place Oct. 11-14 and featured a variety of physical events including pistol exertion, obstacle rescue, officer rescue event, and more. At the MTOA conference, there were members from Special […]
The Union County School District will work on placing an even greater emphasis than ever before on battling dyslexia, thanks to a $30,318 grant it recently received from the Mississippi Department of Education. According to officials with the school district, Union County schools were among 10 other districts to receive such a grant. The funds […]
Following in the footsteps Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour made last week to lift a statewide burn ban, the Union County Board of Supervisors lifted the county-wide ban Monday. The Union County Board of Supervisors instituted the burn ban in mid-October and it was originally set to be lifted as of Oct. 31, 2010. According to […]
Donations are coming in for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. Contributions so far total $550 toward the goal of $20,000 for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazette with the help of many community volunteers. The program provides about 250 families […]
Exploring new frontiers into the world of astronomy and planetology, third graders at New Albany Elementary School are reaching new levels in their classroom instruction when they recently delved into the cosmos of the solar system. Mrs. Lacey Stebbins, a student teacher with the University of Mississippi, has been teaching the third graders in Ms. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry