Only a year and a half ago, New Albany City Attorney Roger McMillen and his son, Rutledge, made the decision to become competitive runners. Having run track in high school and running in races throughout his adult life, McMillen took on the challenge and will now have the opportunity of a lifetime to compete in […]
Coach Heather Duley has pushed the Blue Mountain College cross country teams hard all season, and she’s not letting up now. Heading into Saturday’s TranSouth Athletic Conference cross country championship meets in Jackson, Tenn., Duley is still preaching the gospel of hard work and focus. “We’ve made some significant strides in our program this year,” […]
The Great Delta Bear Affair was first observed in 2002 on the 100th anniversary of President Theodore Roosevelt’s famous bear hunt in Sharkey County, Mississippi which led to the creation of the Teddy Bear. This year’s theme is “Baby Bear Blues.” The festival will be held on Saturday, October 23, 2010 on the grounds of […]
The Bulldogs have a shot at history when they take the field against Shannon Friday night. Not since 1982 have the ‘Dawgs won their division, and they are also flirting with an undefeated record at the end of the regular season. With all the hype surrounding New Albany, the Bulldogs are poised, focused and ready […]
Senior Kareem Brown earned his second 'Player of the Week' honor after his impressive performance against North Pontotoc. Brown racked up 183 yards of total offense and four touchdowns, along with seven tackles and an interception in New Albany's 48-26 win over the Vikings on October 15. Pictured with Brown is NAHS head coach Ron […]
The rivalry began Monday night as city and county squared off for the first time in junior varsity action. Union County head coach Scott Duley’s ties with the Bulldogs run deep, as was imminent during pregame warm-ups. Now coaching against New Albany, Duley looks at the opportunity as a stepping stone for his program. “It […]
It’s just a car, a friend said, when I mentioned how sad I felt trading my car for a new one. Well, yes and no. It was, of course, just a car. And not one of those splashy kinds of cars that turn heads as it goes by. No, it was just a gray, four-door […]
Our neighbor to the east, Tupelo, is discussing replacing its aging public swimming pool, which has a bubble enclosure for year-round swimming, with a major new aquatic complex. The Tupelo City Council is considering paying for an architect’s study to determine location and cost for a facility that is expected to cost as much as […]
Head Coach Ricky Smither’s squad advanced to 5-2 overall and 4-1 in the north division while Coahoma dropped to 1-4, 2-4. “This was a great win for us and I give these guys all the credit for what they have accomplished,” said Smither. “My coaching staff is the best. . .Coach Carter, Coach Darnell, Coach […]
Taking on one of the most physical opponents they will face this season, Union County had an impressive showing, despite falling 20-0 to Byhalia Thursday night. The Indians struck with 7:38 remaining in the first half, as Vadale Rucker had the ball stripped from him, and Byhalia returned the turnover for their first score. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry