It was about five years ago that Mayor Tim Kent first mentioned to us that he wanted to raise or replace the old railroad bridge over Main Street in downtown New Albany. The mayor thought the bridge, with the misspelled word painted on its side, was not attractive and was a safety hazard for trucks […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors was able to move ahead with efforts to obtain a capital improvement loan of up to $1.5 million Monday, after no one objected to the plan at a public hearing. The money, along with a $1.5-million Community Development Block Grant being sought, will be used for what officials are […]
The Union County Sheriff’s Department experienced a flashback to the Age of Aquarius this past week when it encountered a group of what might be described as counter-culture musicians passing through the area. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said canine officer Adam Fitts was on patrol about 1:30 a.m. Thursday on Hwy. 78 when he got behind […]
The annual Senior Citizens Day presented through a grant with the Union County Sheriff’s Department will be next Thursday, May 21, at the Union County Fairgrounds. The program will again be in the arena and begin about 10:34 a.m. As usual, a fish lunch will be served at noon. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said Doug Hill […]
The New Albany Police Department is again participating in the national Click It or Ticket safety program that runs May 18-31 and includes the Memorial Day Weekend. The department has received a grant that will pay for overtime to allow officers to set up checkpoints and add patrols to check for seatbelt and child seat […]
New Albany Superintendent of Schools Jackie Ford, right, presents a certificate of appreciation to Melanie Anderson. The board of trustees wanted to thank Anderson for her outstanding work as clerk of the board and had the certificate created. She also is the executive assistant to Ford, as well as keeping other school district operations running […]
What at first looked like a nuisance call turned into four felony drug arrests and the seizure of a variety of illegal drugs and paraphernalia for New Albany police this past Friday. Chief Chris Robertson said the case began about 9 a.m. on Hwy. 348 when someone reported hearing popping sounds. An officer got behind […]
About 100 people came to the courthouse lawn Thursday to observe the National Day of Prayer. The theme this year was “Lord, hear our cry.” Those attending were welcomed and viewed the presentation of colors by the New Albany High School Junior Air Force R.O.T.C. and the playing of the national anthem. Area pastors then […]
The Union County Sheriffs Department’s K9, Dutch, has received a ballistic vest thanks to a nationwide Groupon event that has raised over $335,000. The “Occasions” campaign for Groupon Grassroots to outfit police K9’s with bullet and stab protective vests ran February 15 through March 5. Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. was the nationwide non-profit organization […]
The New Albany Board of Aldermen voted Tuesday to allow its tourism department to serve alcohol at a dinner May 22 in the Park Along the River. The board voted 3 to 1 to allow alcohol to be served at a $50-a-plate event in the public park. Voting in favor were Aldermen Jeff Olson, Scott […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on