Margaret Tackitt Reeves, 77, of the Wren Community, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 10, 1936, in the Troy Community of Pontotoc Co., to William Leslie and Frances Leona Keith Tackitt. After marrying her husband of 63 years on July 8, 1950, they made their home in […]
Harold Phillips, 73, of Belden, died Thursday, June 13, 2013. A Shannon native, he was born July 18, 1939, to Vernon Washington and Bessie Freeman Phillips. He was a graduate of Shannon High School. After 33 years of service, he retired from Day-Brite Lighting. He, along with his wife, was a resident of Belden since […]
Linda Kay Polk Howell, 47, of Myrtle, died Sunday, June 9, 2013, at her in-laws’ home. She was born June 9, 1966, in Drew to Sammie Lee Polk and Bobbie Jean Friday Polk. She was employed with Union County Health and Rehab until her health declined. Visitation was from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, June […]
Doryce Louise Wells Moore, 82, of Etta, died Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis. Services were at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 15, at Philadelphia Baptist Church in Etta. Burial followed in the church cemetery. Waller Funeral Home in Oxford was in charge of the arrangements. Memorials may be made to the […]
Ella Ruth Perry Sewell, 84, of Pontotoc, died Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at Church Street Personal Care Home in Ecru. She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Pontotoc, where she worked in the Nursery Department for over 50 years and was a member of the WMU. She was a retired administrative assistant […]
James Easterling, 78, of Blue Springs, died Monday, June 10, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. A Mississippi native, he was born June 25, 1934, to Herman Otis and Charlie Faye Wood Easterling. He independently owned and operated a trucking business. He enjoyed yard work, reading and being outside, and he […]
Faye Louise Binet, 64, of Myrtle, died May 30, 2013, at her home. She was born Aug. 27, 1948, in Arkansas to James Robertson and Rosa Faye Bullock Robertson. A memorial service was held Wednesday, June 5. Serenity Funeral Home of New Albany was in charge of the arrangements. She is survived by her children, […]
By Dr. Linda Mitchell The year was 1976. The first commercially developed supercomputer was released by Seymour Cray’s Research. Apple Computer Company was formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. The first 4.6 miles of the Washington Metro subway system opened. U.S. President Gerald Ford defeated challenger Ronald Reagan in three Republican presidential primaries. The […]
By Martha Swindle Vacation Bible School is being held June 16 – 20 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Sherman Baptist. The women of Tri-County Baptist cooked and fed breakfast to the men at 10 a.m. Sunday morning, June 16, in honor of Father’s Day. During the morning worship service, the Anderson Blue Grass Band […]
By Lou McQuary Jimmy and Kathryn Baker enjoyed a trip out west with Jimmy’s daughter, Kathy, and her husband, Jeff Dawkins. They went to Yellowstone, the Tetons, Jackson Hole, the Grand Canyon, Bryce’s Canyon, Zion National Park, Los Vegas, Denver and Hoover Dam. At St. Louis some of them rode to the top of the […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry