Travis and Carolyn Thomas of Myrtle, Miss. will celebrate fifty years of marriage on Sunday, October 24th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Tommy Bailey’s residence in Myrtle. All friends and family are invited. They were married on October 22, 1960 at Temple Baptist Church in Myrtle. Their children are Steve Thomas of Myrtle […]
Melissa Anne Russell and David Cole Carruth of New Albany, Miss. were united in marriage at 5 p.m. on July 17, 2010 in the Harwell Serenity Garden of First United Methodist Church in New Albany. Rev. Leslie Nabors officiated. Missy is the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Richard Russell of New Albany. She is the […]
Barry and Debbie Jenkins of the Pinedale community are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Emily Noel Jenkins to Justin Randle Stripling, also of Pinedale. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Sam Bolen of Pinedale and the late Mr. Corbin D. Jenkins and Mrs. Emogene […]
Kyle Thomas and Lorin Kleman were united in marriage on June 5, 2010 at the “Chapel in the Pines” in Senatobia, Miss. with family and friends. Attending were parents of the bride and groom, Hugh and Angela Thomas and Page and Russell Hudson, all of Olive Branch, Miss. Grandparents of the bride and groom included […]
Mr. and Mrs. Donald L. Pierce of Houston, Texas are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Julianna Elaine Pierce of Houston, Texas, to Russell Steven Kirkland of New Albany, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. and Mrs. Moses Schimmel of Houston, Texas, the late Jeannie McGuire Pierce of […]
Barbara Urania Hudson Young Ford, age 99, of Etta, died Monday, Oct. 18, 2010 at Baptist Hospital of North Mississippi in Oxford. She was born Dec. 3, 1910 in Union County to the late William Joseph Hudson and Maggie Russell Hudson. She was a school teacher until 1941 when she became a full time wife […]
Andy “A.D.” Smith, 66, of New Albany, died Oct. 17, 2010 at his home. Survivors include his mother, Wilma Smith Rogers of New Albany; two children, Andy Tables and David LeSure of Memphis, Tenn.; his siblings; his godchildren, seven grandchildren and a host of other family and friends. Visitation will be from 1 to 7 […]
Warren Norwood, 84, of the Hurricane community, died Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 at his daughter’s home. He was a member of Hurricane Baptist Church, where he had served as a deacon. He was a graduate of Pinedale High School, where he was an All-State basketball player from 1944 to 1946. He was awarded a […]
Kristen “Sissy” Carol Conley Hall, 29, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010 at University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham. Survivors include her husband, Robert Adam Hall and her son, Parker Leighton Hall, both of Blue Springs; her parents, Norma Jean and Mitchell Roberts; a brother, and a grandmother, all of New Albany. Funeral […]
Melvin Locke, 72, died Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Miss. in Oxford. Survivors include his wife, Aline Robertson Locke of Oxford; special cousins, a special sister-in-law and caregiver and several other cousins, nieces, and nephews. Visitation was from 5 until 7 p.m. Wednesday, at Waller Funeral Home. The funeral service was at […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry