The Biscuits and Jam Farmers’ Market will kick off its third season Saturday on a vacant property between Fred’s and the Tallahatchie River Bridge. Moving the Saturday morning event to the prominent downtown spot two years ago has turned out to be a successful venture. The market will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 […]
Lately, local industry CEOs and human resource managers have been talking about the difficulty they see in finding enough technically trained personnel to hire, and also dealing with younger employees who lack, for perhaps a better term, a work ethic. Northeast Mississippi Community College is attempting to counter both these problems with two relatively […]
Watch Me Designs, the exhibit of the work of Tracey Savely Davis, will open at the Union County Heritage Museum on Sunday, June 1, from 1:30 – 3:30. Her work is featured in many galleries across the southeast as well as in the Disney galleries in Florida. Included in this exhibit will be handmade dolls and fairies, […]
New Albany School Trustee Bernice Bailey, right, congratulates Mary Margarett King for her selection as teacher of the year for the State of Mississippi. King was honored with a reception in the Magnolia Room of the civic center Tuesday afternoon, attended by fellow educators, friends and family. King, who teaches several English classes at New […]
Union County voters will go to the polls in all 20 precincts next Tuesday, June 3, to select party nominees for the U. S. Senate and House of Representatives. Winners Tuesday will be on the general election ballot Nov. 4, along with independent and third-party candidates. If no single candidate in a race receives more […]
The Fossil Road Show is set for Saturday, June 14, at the Union County Heritage Museum and as at events past, paleontologists from across the state will gather to look at the objects and science of Mississippi’s rich fossil history. The event begins at 10 a.m. and will end at 2 p.m. Paleontologist from the Mississippi Museum […]
Business Insider, an online publication with a monthly readership of over 20 million, has named Latham’s Hamburger Inn in New Albany as the Best Burger in Mississippi in an article celebrating “National Hamburger Month.” The article, titled “Best Burgers in the US,” has a list of burgers from each state…from Alabama to Wyoming. The best […]
By Lou McQuary James Treadaway, cousin to Mrs. Ruby Jones, died last week. He was Miss Ruby’s last remaining cousin on the Treadaway side of the family. He lived in New Albany. His service was at United Funeral Home. Graduation was at West Union School on Friday, May 23. Twenty five graduates graduated. It is […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on