Mallory Mahon Hello to everyone in Urchinville! I hope everyone had a fantastic week last week. I would like to start off by saying that though a lot of you may not know me, you may be familiar with my sister, Carly Mahon, who wrote the East Union News last year. I agree I […]
Cecelia Lemus NAHS students were terribly saddened this weekend to learn of the passing of one of our greatest teachers, Ms. Paula Windham. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family, as we will miss her smiling face every day. We will all truly miss a truly wonderful, optimistic, wise, and inspiring teacher. […]
New Albany High School Senior composite pictures that were to be taken on Oct. 27, 2010 has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010. All seniors are asked to wear their senior jerseys or a maroon t-shirt because the senior class photo will be taken that day as well.
The crunch of golden leaves under my feet and the sweater-temp mornings join to carry me to my childhood and the memories of those fall days. The county schools followed a fall break schedule that lasted several weeks – not for vacations or camps but for extra hands to help with harvesting. In those days, […]
The community continues to be a hub of activity with the Wise Farms Corn maze and other entertainment options for the youngsters and for the young at heart on Shady Grove Road. Behind the community center at Hurricane is the Haunted Forest which will continue through this weekend. Bullard’s Grocery has extended their hours for business […]
Cravin’ Catfish will be sponsoring a “Thanksgiving Day Lunch” from 11 a.m. through 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25, at the restaurant. They will be serving a “traditional” Thanksgiving lunch for both dine-in and carry out (only for the churches who notify in advance) lunches. Owners Gerald and Becky Hegan are providing the free […]
Stargazers, archaeology enthusiasts, and people that love learning about history and ancient weapons, need to come out to the Ingomar community this Saturday afternoon for the annual Ingomar Mound Day. Festivities will include star gazing with telescopes, object identification, tours of the Ingomar mounds, ancient weapons demonstrations and trail walks to Ingomar Mounds The event […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on