Happy Fall Days to all of you. We have had an extremely busy week in our community this past week. Voting time was this past Tuesday. We had a record breaking turnout at our precinct. We celebrated our Fall Festival this past Saturday night with a building full of folks. I’m not sure anyone took […]
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met on Oct. 28, 2010, at the home of Lynn Madden. Fourteen members and two guests enjoyed soup, cornbread, and “dirt cake” with gummy worms provided by co hostesses Lynn Madden, Cadis Johnson and Lanta Craig. Members present were Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Lanta Craig, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, […]
Retailers race from goblins and candy corn to Santa and reindeer. If we look hard we’ll find a cardboard pilgrim and a few turkey feathers in the mix. With the rush of holiday celebrations that are packed into the end of the year, there’s even less space for the celebration of Veteran’s Day – the […]
Sherman is proud to have four election holders who are very good at their jobs. Last Tuesday, Nov. 2, Catherine Parks, Joyce Parks, Wayne Turner, and Jane Westmoreland worked the election all day in an efficient, dedicated, and accommodating way. Thank you for your hard work. The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department handed out 150 bags […]
Eli Tate Congratulations to our NAHS Bulldogs for their 45- 9 blowout over the Rosa Fort Lions last Friday and with their win, they now have the most wins in school history. The Bulldogs (12-0), have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs and will play away this Friday against the Kosciusko Whippets(8-5). […]
This year’s New Albany Christmas parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 29, 2010 in downtown New Albany. The theme for this year’s parade is “Christmas Memories.” Union County Development Association, the organizer of the event, is encouraging churches, clubs, organizations, schools, individuals, and more to participate. UCDA needs every group that plans […]
Jessica Clark As most of you know, the West Union family lost one of our prized teachers, Ms. Melissa Childers, 46. She passed away the morning of Sunday, October 24, 2010. She was one of my favorite teachers, and was loved by many in the community. We lost s beloved daughter, mother, sister, and […]
Development of programming that serves several needs is the key to having a successful community swimming pool operation, a New Albany community group was told Monday. Brian Manning of Ingomar, a retired naval commander and supporter of developing a community pool in New Albany, said programming in four areas would keep a community pool busy. […]
The candidates in the upcoming election to the Ward 4 alderman seat on the New Albany Board of Alderman have been invited to a community meeting at 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 11, at the Magnolia Room in the Magnolia Civic Center. The event is being sponsored by New Albany resident Daniel Frain. Candidates will have […]
The United Way of Northeast Mississippi has reached 67 percent of its $2,150,000 goal across the seven counties in which it operates. But here in Union County we still have inadequate participation from businesses and industries, the backbone of the payroll-deduction giving program that the United Way depends on for the bulk of its donations. […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on