Homer Collins Porter, Jr., 83, of New Albany, died Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010 at Dogwood Plantation in New Albany. He was born Jan. 12, 1927 in New Albany to the late Homer Collins Porter, Sr. and Lutie Hall Porter. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II having served in the Italian campaign. […]
Dorothy Joyce Cobb Gray, 90, of New Albany, died Monday, Dec. 13, 2010 at Pontotoc Hospital in Pontotoc . She was born March 24, 1920 in Union County to the late Henry and Mary Elizabeth Gement Cobb. She was a lifelong member of the Ingomar Baptist Church and served as a teacher for Sunbeams, Sunday […]
Opal Grace Duncan Russell, 83, of Myrtle, died Saturday, Dec. 11, 2010 at Sunshine Inn in Myrtle. She was born Nov. 28, 1927 in Lafayette County to the late Troy Nelson and Susie Faust Duncan. She was retired from Futorian and was a member of West Tallahatchie Baptist Church. She enjoyed cooking, reading and going […]
Judy Gail Twyford, 58, of Point Place, Toledo, Ohio died Saturday, Dec. 4, 2010 at University of Toledo Medical Center. Judy was born in New Albany on Feb. 18, 1952 to Vertie Mae and Chester Glen Howard. Judy was a loving wife, mother and homemaker. She was a caregiver for four years to her […]
Demetrice Berry, 1046 CR 68, Myrtle, 41, was charged with petit larceny at 1:01 p.m., Dec. 9, 2010. Robert Ellis, 1974 Highway 348, Blue Springs, 30, was charged with a DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia and reckless driving at 1:32 p.m., Dec. 9, 2010. Andrew T. Tidwell, 1158 CR 73, New Albany, 23, was charged […]
David Aaron Wilhite and Mary Christine Wilhite, Dec. 8 Lana Nobles and William Gerald Nobles, Dec. 10 Joe Brewer and Amelia Kay Brewer, Dec. 10
Ashley Marie Purvis and Chadwick Michael Flowers, Dec. 7
In honor of the Christmas holiday, the New Albany Gazette will be closed Friday, Dec. 24, 2010. It will re-open for regular business hours on Monday, Dec. 27. Editorial and advertising deadlines will not change during the holiday. City and county offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 27, 2010 in honor […]
Citizens who will be unable to vote in the upcoming special election for North Mississippi’s Highway Commissioner seat on Jan. 11 may vote by absentee ballot at the Union County Circuit Clerk’s office. Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford has announced that her office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on both Saturday, Jan. 1 […]
Donations have passed the $10,000 mark in the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County. New Albany Gazette readers have donated $10,429 so far to the program, sponsored by the Gazette with the help of many community volunteers, is $20,000. The program provides about 250 […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on