INGOMAR – Fans that are in need of a high school sports “fix” only need to drive to Ingomar during the next few weeks to catch prep action in boys and girls basketball plus fast pitch softball. Girls basketball hit the hardwood on Tuesday with a full slate of games, 15 in total. Union County […]
JACKSON – Three Union county baseball players closed their high school careers on Saturday as participants in the MAC All-Star game at Smith-Willis Stadium in Jackson, Miss. Despite the North team leading for the majority of the game, the South squad just edged them out in the final inning for a walk-off base hit, winning […]
TUPELO – Two New Albany Bulldogs received the opportunity to compete as some of the top football talent in the state. Rising seniors Jake McDonald and Devin Wilson took part in the Southern Select Combine at Tupelo High School on Saturday, increasing their visibility for recruiters in the hope of furthering their careers after high […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Summer league baseball jumped out to a strong start for the East Union Urchins, who swept Ingomar, Myrtle and Booneville in a Thursday afternoon tournament of three five-inning contests. Ingomar also picked up a win, defeating Booneville 4-0 in the second game of the day. East Union 4, Booneville 3 Rising senior […]
Getting better. With five seasons in the books, the Nolan Brothers Cotton States League will embark on its sixth season with that motto in mind. “It’s what the players do, they come spend a couple of months playing a game they love and getting better at it,” Director of Baseball Operations Frank Dodds said. What […]
The Biscuits and Jam Farmers’ Market will kick off its third season Saturday on a vacant property between Fred’s and the Tallahatchie River Bridge. Moving the Saturday morning event to the prominent downtown spot two years ago has turned out to be a successful venture. The market will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 […]
Lately, local industry CEOs and human resource managers have been talking about the difficulty they see in finding enough technically trained personnel to hire, and also dealing with younger employees who lack, for perhaps a better term, a work ethic. Northeast Mississippi Community College is attempting to counter both these problems with two relatively […]
Watch Me Designs, the exhibit of the work of Tracey Savely Davis, will open at the Union County Heritage Museum on Sunday, June 1, from 1:30 – 3:30. Her work is featured in many galleries across the southeast as well as in the Disney galleries in Florida. Included in this exhibit will be handmade dolls and fairies, […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on