Thursday August 22 Volleyball New Albany at Tupelo – 5:30/6:30 Softball Mooreville at East Union – 5:00 JV/V West Union at South Pontotoc – 5:00JV/6:30V New Albany at Tishomingo County – 5:30 Bruce at Ingomar – 5:00 Tupelo at Myrtle – 5:00V/JV Friday August 23 Football Water Valley at New Albany – 7:00 Houlka at […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Kevin Williams has set high standards for Ingomar’s cross-country teams this season, in part because of local rivalries. “Union County has excelled in cross-country, and Ingomar has one of the youngest programs in terms of the number of years we’ve been running and have been participating,” said Williams, […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Myrtle head coach Chris Greer is optimistic about his cross-country squad’s potential this year. The Hawks will regularly run against some of the fastest teams in Class 1A North, including county-rivals Ingomar and West Union, as well as Hickory Flat, which moved down this season from Class 2A. […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange A few key relocations has head coach Josh Blythe feeling good about East Union’s slow-pitch squad. “Since last season, we’ve had two move back to East Union and they’ll both be seniors – Katey Hunt and Savannah Alexander,” Blythe said. “Having those two girls back will be key, […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Marty Cook is eager to begin his first season as head coach of Myrtle’s slow-pitch softball team. The fast-pitch head coach takes over the top position in slow-pitch after Robert Gordon stepped aside to spend more time with family. “Coach Gordon is a legend – 300 wins and […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Andy Wilbanks described the outlook for Ingomar’s slow-pitch season as a youth movement. With a half-dozen positions left open by graduation, the Lady Falcons are hoping for underclassmen to step into starting roles. “We are going to be pretty young,” said Wilbanks, who is beginning his eighth season […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Scott Duley will have the luxury of a returning D.J. Armstrong for a fourth consecutive year as quarterback. In fact, Armstrong is the only quarterback Duley has ever had in his four year run as Union County (two years) and East Union (two years) coach. “D.J. Armstrong has been the quarterback […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange During the past two seasons, New Albany could count on quarterback Spencer Day to lead the offense through the air and running back Boston Newsome to take care of business on the ground. As seniors in 2012, they helped the Bulldogs capture the Division 2-4A football championship. Head […]
The United Way has kicked off its 2013 campaign across the seven counties, including Union, that are part of the United Way of Northeast Mississippi. The goal this year is $2,400,000, which is more than the $2.3 million goal last year. What is most important locally is how much money is contributed by Union Countians […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Dorothy Denton hopes that a strong first month of competition will benefit her cross country team. New Albany starts the running season at Pontotoc and then travels the next Saturday to Saltillo. Both meets will feature some of the best teams and individual runners in the state. Coach Denton will enter […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on