A Walk a Thon for Jesus is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, and those interested can register Saturday at Sherman Grove at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Vicki Armstrong at 507-5552 or Audrey McGee at 538-0890. The Annual Birthday Tea Singing will be held Nov. 13 at Sherman Grove Baptist Church at 6 p.m. […]
Kayla and Andrew Tullos of Maumelle, Ark. welcomed son Jacob Ambrose Tullos into the world on October 28, 2010 at 12:29 p.m. at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and measured 19 ½ long. His grandparents are Karen and Donald Mayo of New Albany, Miss. and Mary and Ted […]
Mr. and Mrs. Johnny and Wanda Owen of New Albany, Miss. are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Vanessa Suzanne Owen of New Albany to Freddie Wayne “Chip” Turner, Jr. of Tupelo. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. Mason Hill and Mrs. Mary Etta Hill and the […]
At the beginning of October, Dr. Charles Garrett, New Albany School Superintendent had an opportunity to discuss this theme and many others at the Pre-Kindergarten Institute at Harvard University. Garrett was invited by the Mississippi Department of Education to attend a conference called “PreK-3rd: The Foundation for Educational Success Institute.” “The Institute had a Pre-K […]
The Union County chapter of the American Red Cross closed its doors earlier this summer, due to restructuring efforts with the American Red Cross. Even though the Union County Red Cross is not a chapter, it is a location and calls and help are currently being routed to the Tupelo office of the American Red […]
Union County’s second district will have a new representative on the Union County School District board of trustees come next year, after Mickey Basil defeated incumbent Gary Gray in Tuesday’s election. Basil received approximately 51 percent of the votes in the second district with 443 votes, compared to nearly 49 percent for Gray with 407 […]
Donations are now being accepted for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program, which will be provide about 250 families with holiday food and toys for their children. Applications to receive assistance must be turned in to the New Albany Gazette office, 713 Carter Ave., by 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 6. No phone, mail or […]
Angele Mueller announces her candidacy for the position of Ward 4 Alderman. Mueller is a 1989 graduate of the University of Mississippi where she earned a BA degree in recreation management and also received a master’s in education from the University of South Carolina in 1995. She has taught at Oxford Elementary […]
Before the qualifying deadline ended Tuesday, two more New Albany residents had joined the race for the Ward 4 New Albany Board of Alderman post. John Ellis and Jason Butler both qualified Tuesday afternoon. They join Will Tucker, Terry Medlin, Jody Walls, Jane Ford, Tim Broom, Bill Morgan and Angele Mueller as candidates in the […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on