By Dennis Clayton Coach Nathan McLellen looks to his three senior boys to provide the experience and leadership for this year’s cross country team. “I’ve got Brett Rakestraw, Jonathan Valle and Christian McLellen that had a lot of success. They’ve won two state championships, won some division championships and won some county championships. “We will […]
New Albany Volleyball Enters Second Year By Dennis Clayton Coach Shay Ashford leads her Lady Bulldogs into year two of competition. This time around, the team will have some experience as the inaugural team gained experience match by match on the hardwood. This year’s team is loaded with seniors and some of those are Erin […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Shane Sanderson will have a mix of experience and youth in 2013 Lady Bulldogs. The team will have four seniors to look to for leadership: Lauren Cavender, Megan Dye, Lauren Boyd and Destini Knox. Cavender will pitch again for New Albany, Coach Sanderson stated that “Lauren does a wonderful job on […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Lisa Bogue’s West Union Lady Eagles will be loaded with playoff experience as most players played on the team that made it to the North Half championship in slow pitch last season. Many members played on the fast pitch team that was runner-up in the Class 2A State championship. Seniors on […]
Today’s groundbreaking at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County symbolizes the growth of our area and the increased demand for urgent health care. Stephen C. Reynolds, president and chief executive officer of Baptist Memorial Health Care of Memphis, is scheduled to be on hand for the official ceremony starting construction of a much-needed new emergency room. The […]
The UCDA will be sponsoring a series of workshops available to the general public and free to the community. Attendees can find out how to apply for one–on-one counseling and benefit from the free services offered from the Miss. Small Business Development Center. Workshop topics with dates, times and registration can be found at www.mssbdc.org. […]
David Helms/Pontotoc Progress After meeting last Friday, board members of the GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District of North Mississippi announced that the new tentative date for ceremonies dedicating the Tanglefoot Trail is Saturday, Sept. 21. Glasgow Construction is currently working to complete a punch list of final details which must be completed before the trail is […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground on a new, $12 million emergency department Friday, August 16 at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be behind the hospital off Oxford Road. The new ER will be located behind the hospital and will connect to the radiology department. It will have 22 exam rooms, two trauma rooms […]
The 31st annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo will be held this Saturday, Aug. 17, at Camp Armstrong. The event is for children ages 6 though 12 (each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). Registration is from 6 to 7:15 a.m. Fishing goes from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. and young anglers will weigh […]
Local writer, director and producer Barbara Hardin-Welch will be presenting “Suffer the Little Children,” a stage play on the topic of child abuse to the New Albany Community Sept. 14 at 6:30 p.m. The stage performance features local actors and will be presented at the Magnolia Civic Center. “In 1998, I was inspired to write […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry