Seniors at the city and all four county schools will graduate in ceremonies this Thursday and Friday evenings. East Union will be first with commencement at 6 p.m. Thursday, followed by Ingomar at 8 p.m. On Friday, Myrtle will be at 6 p.m. and both West Union and New Albany will be at 8 p.m. […]
The spray park at BNA Bank Park will reopen for the season Saturday, and also will be open Memorial Day. It will be closed this Sunday, however. The regular hours for the spray park will be from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and will be open Sundays […]
Museum Moments on Thursday, May 21, will feature John Stokes, chef from Oxford, who is also will prepare the farm to table dinner on Friday night at the music festival kick-off. Stokes, an Oxford native, has spent the past 20 years cooking professionally in a variety of settings. He calls his style “old world cooking” […]
Bluegrass comes to New Albany this weekend, May 22-23, for the annual Down From the Hills State of Mississippi Bluegrass Championships. For more than a decade, bluegrass musicians and fans from around the Southeast have been coming to New Albany to play traditional music and to compete for more than $8,000 in prizes at the […]
This week 328 seniors will receive their high school diplomas from the New Albany and Union County schools, compared to 277 last year and 301 the year before. On Thursday 45 will graduate at East Union Attendance Center and 40 will get diplomas at Ingomar Attendance Center. On Friday 40 will graduate at the Myrtle […]
When it comes to our summer vacation, I plan ahead. Usually before the end of February, I have nailed down flights, hotels and just about everything else except where we are going to eat. (I’ve been known to even do that.) Even though we don’t go until June, I like to leave nothing to chance. […]
NEW ALBANY – The Bulldogs have found their coach. Robert Burdette was approved by the New Albany School Board on Monday to assume the position of boys’ basketball coach for the 2015-2016 school year. “I know there was a lot of interest in the position,” Burdette said, “So I’m very honored and very fortunate that […]
This Saturday the New Albany Main Street Association will have the second of three spring events built around a noon musical performance on the Trailhead Plaza across from City Hall. The series, dubbed Live @ Noon, is a latest in a number of marketing events designed to broaden the number of people who venture downtown […]
Union County native Greg Pirkle got close to half the local votes but it wasn’t enough to put him into the June 2 run-off to fill the District 1 congressional seat vacated by the death of Alan Nunnelee. Pontotoc attorney Howard Zinn Jr., the lone proclaimed Democrat in the race and who qualified at the […]
Workers pour concrete for the northern approach to the new Tanglefoot Trail bridge over Main Street Wednesday. The only critical work still to be done was to pour concrete over the bridge surface itself the rest of the way. Other than having landscaping and other finish work done in the bridge area, it should be […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on