This Saturday the New Albany Main Street Association will have the second of three spring events built around a noon musical performance on the Trailhead Plaza across from City Hall. The series, dubbed Live @ Noon, is a latest in a number of marketing events designed to broaden the number of people who venture downtown […]
Union County native Greg Pirkle got close to half the local votes but it wasn’t enough to put him into the June 2 run-off to fill the District 1 congressional seat vacated by the death of Alan Nunnelee. Pontotoc attorney Howard Zinn Jr., the lone proclaimed Democrat in the race and who qualified at the […]
Workers pour concrete for the northern approach to the new Tanglefoot Trail bridge over Main Street Wednesday. The only critical work still to be done was to pour concrete over the bridge surface itself the rest of the way. Other than having landscaping and other finish work done in the bridge area, it should be […]
The Town of Myrtle is well into its annual home property maintenance program that runs from spring through October each year. City officials compile a list of residences where yards are unkempt or junk is piled up and send warning letters to owners asking them to clean the property to avoid fines. About a dozen […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation announced Wednesday that it planned to open two southbound lanes of State Route 15 in Union County from the New Albany city limits to the Tippah County line. The road was expected to be open about 10 a.m. Thursday, May 14. Crews will still have minor work to complete in […]
A joint arrest by the Union County Sheriff’s Department, Drug Enforcement Agency, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and U.S. Marshals’ Service Friday brought in a couple believed by officers to be long-time high-grade methamphetamine dealers. Arrested were Bobby J. Graham, 42, of 1074 CR 43, Etta, and Kimberly Underwood, 37, of the same address. Sheriff Jimmy […]
When in 1861 women of New Albany were busy sewing together pieces of red, white and blue silk, and in careful, elegant script embroidering New Albany Grays on a two-sided, 11-star company flag, did they imagine that it would survive the Civil War and Hurricane Katrina and other events through time and be back […]
New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults will have its annual fish fry Wednesday, May 20, starting about 11:30 a.m. at the center on Garfield Street. A ground-breaking ceremony will be held at noon for the planned addition, which will include a new kitchen, handicapped-accessible restrooms and a large multi-purpose activities room. “It’s just a […]
Last spring Joy Fisher called and asked if I would come speak to a meeting of the New Albany Mothers’ Club. I said I would if I didn’t have a conflict. “When would you like me to come?” I asked, as I opened my appointment calendar. “At 3 p.m. on April 8, 2015,” she said. […]
It was about five years ago that Mayor Tim Kent first mentioned to us that he wanted to raise or replace the old railroad bridge over Main Street in downtown New Albany. The mayor thought the bridge, with the misspelled word painted on its side, was not attractive and was a safety hazard for trucks […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry