Some more indictments from the spring Union County grand jury convening March 30 and 31 have been released. Court officials said 153 cases were presented, some involving more than one defendant and other cases where one defendant had more than a single indictment. Grand jury proceedings are secret and indictments are not released until defendants […]
Absentee voters continue to cast their ballots in the special election for the First Congressional District House of Representatives, Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford said Wednesday. Thirteen candidates have qualified for the race, seeking the office left vacant by the death of Alan Nunnelee Feb. 6 from cancer. Qualified voters can cast ballots in […]
New Albany got more good manufacturing news last week with the announcement of the expansion of VIP Cinema Seating in our community. The company, the world’s largest manufacturer of premium cinema seating, introduced luxury reclining seating to the theater industry in 2008 and has been on a roll ever since. The current expansion is into […]
Today is Administrative Professionals Day, part of a week dedicated to the people in many organizations who provide the support that helps keep them running. It wasn’t always called that. The day and the week began as National Secretaries Week in 1952.Both the title of the week and the day were changed in 2000 to […]
Businessman and former Tupelo Mayor Jack Reed Jr. will be guest speaker at the Union County Development Association annual membership banquet Monday, April 27. Reed is president of the Reed’s Department Store company. While Tupelo mayor from 2009 to 2013, he was credited with creating the position of a municipal communications director, establishing a recurring […]
Union County supervisors approved an agreement Monday that will see a couple of railroad crossings in the southeastern part of the county upgraded. The crossing on County Road 265 in Blue Springs will have crossing gates in addition to lights and the crossing will be widened and the approach improved. Fourth District Supervisor Randy Owen […]
Saturday’s sixth annual “Night Our for New Haven” raised close to $7,000 according to board member Phil Nanney. Nanney, who served as emcee, told the nearly 300 attendees the main purpose this year is to raise money for a new addition that is not only needed to serve present clients but will allow New Haven […]
Today, most people indicted by the county grand jury are well aware they will be charged because most have already been arrested. Still, some indictments come as a surprise and that’s what happened Monday night for some area residents as deputies served warrants for charges ranging from drug sales to sexual battery. “The county had […]
The annual meeting of the Union County Historical Society will be Friday, May 8, at noon, at the First United Methodist Church. Guest speaker for the event will be author of four books and columnist Rick Cleveland, who will talk about his most recent book, Mississippi’s Greatest Athletes. Cleveland has been executive director of the […]
UNITE (Union County/New Albany Initiative to Excel), New Albany and Union County’s community foundation, will award more than $20,000 to 16 organizations at the annual grant presentation and fundraising dinner on Thursday, April 23. UNITE was begun as a Union County affiliate of the CREATE Foundation to help fund community improvement projects. Hudson Hickman is […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry