Beginning next year, residential and commercial garbage rates will be increasing for Union County residents. The Union County Board of Supervisors approved a proposal Monday to raise residential rates by $2, effective Jan. 1, 2014. The board began discussing the idea of raising garbage rates at the end of May Board members cited the […]
Ada Lucille Mayo recently celebrated her 95th Birthday. She celebrated with family and friends at Magnolia Place. She was born July 1, 1918. Sending this is her daughter Rita Mayo-Hall, home phone 534-2572 , cell 316-0479. If any questions. Thank you.
Union County Democrats to meet There will be a meeting sponsored by the Union County Democratic Party at the Union County Library on Thursday, July 18, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss future plans. All Democrats are urged to be there and be a part of important planning for future projects. Anyone who has questions may […]
It has been said that most people only appear in the newspaper two times: once when they are born and once when they die. Today, due to patient privacy laws and changing norms, fewer births make it into the newspaper, so that really leaves obituaries. If that is indeed the only time someone is written […]
City officials began their new term by making an assortment of decisions, not the least of which was to create a committee to look at downtown parking. This is long overdue, deserves praise, and even more than praise if any action actually results from it. New Albany has a parking problem, which certainly is a […]
By Dennis Clayton The Cotton States Softball League’s inaugural season began Saturday and from practically all accounts, is a big hit with the players, coaches, and fans. Sunday had all four teams in action again with players coming from across Northeast Mississippi to play. Coach Tom Zahller is commissioner for the newly formed league. Coach […]
By Dennis Clayton Monday and Tuesday a sports camp was held for students with special needs with coaches from the athletic department leading the students through drills pertaining to the various sports. Monday was the day for football and soccer. Students worked through agility drills with the football coaches and worked on developing ball-handling skills […]
Jimmy Quay Bray, 67, of Pontotoc, passed away Sunday, July 7, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 4, 1945, in Pontotoc to C.A. and Verdie Bray. He was a graduate of Ecru School and a retired industrial maintenance supervisor. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and taking care of his family […]
Billy Hugh Cross, 83, of Memphis, died Sunday, July 7, 2013. He was a former resident of Tippah County and the son of Algie Freeman and Eula Mae Cross. He was a farmer and truck driver for Mason & Dixon Truck Lines in Memphis. Services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, at Ripley Funeral […]
Dr. Lewis E. Ragins Sr., 60, of Gulfport, passed away on Thursday, July 4, 2013, at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport. He was born in Prentiss County to the Rev. Bill and Katherine Ragins. He was pastor of Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church for 22 years and president of Mississippi Baptist Seminary and Bible College of […]
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry