Dear Editor: We were disappointed by your misleading editorial of September 22, 2010, which does a disservice to your readers by implying that the American Red Cross has ceased operations in New Albany. Contrary to your assertions, our plan to reorganize the American Red Cross structure has been designed over many months and involved Red […]
The Union County Development Association has scheduled a public meeting next Tuesday to take a look at look at the community’s recent Riverfest event and start planning for next year’s festival. The meeting is set for 5 p.m. in the Magnolia Room of the Magnolia Civic Center. “All citizens interested in the future and the […]
Several local law enforcement officers had their hands full Thursday morning as they began an inter-agency round-up of several Union County individuals involved in the drug trade. Members of the New Albany/Union County Drug Task Force, in partnership with Union County sheriff’s department deputies, New Albany police officers, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics officers, as well […]
The Urchins are on a roll, and their success this cross country season continued Monday, as East Union swept the Union County Championships. Held at their school, the Lady Urchins took the varsity girls title with 33 points, followed by Myrtle with 45. East Union placed three runners in the top 10, five in top […]
When Clark Rowan took over as one of the park directors in Sherman, one of his primary goals was to create a youth tackle football program, targeting Union County. “Right now, there are some places that have it, but it focuses on their kids,” he said. “There’s nothing designed for Union County, and I want […]
Tyler Basil was named the Bulldogs’ “Player of the Week” for the Oct. 8 game versus Itawamba. Basil completed 9-of-18 passes for 156 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions and ran for 19 yards and another score in the Bulldogs’ 48-13 win over the Indians. Pictured with Basil is NAHS head coach Ron Price. The […]
This year, National Wildlife Refuge Week will be celebrated from October 10 through October 16. During this week, wildlife enthusiasts throughout Mississippi will join with millions of others across America in celebrating the diversity and resources of our national wildlife refuges. National wildlife refuges are dedicated to the conservation of fish and wildlife and […]
It’s not often that I have the chance to catch a good Monday night football game, but lucky for me, I was able to watch the Saints and Cowboys this week. I know what you’re thinking, “Elizabeth, the Monday night game was the Jets and Vikings,” but before you think I’m crazy, I’m not talking […]
New Albany makes a short trip to Ecru this week with the hopes of remaining undefeated and earning another division win. On tap this week is North Pontotoc, a team that has performed better than their current 4-3 record. Losing two straight games in the fourth quarter, the Vikings’ high-scoring offense, led by quarterback Brandon […]
Dear Edtor: Concerning the proposal of an established code for rental properties: I personally own two rental properties. I am in favor of action being taken by the city concerning the physical state of such properties. I have discussed this issue with Mr. Dunnam and feel that, not only I have a clear understanding of […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry