Dr. and Mrs. Jimmy R. Chism of New Albany announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Katherine Leigh Chism to Jeffrey Edmund Sendelbach, son of Pamela Rose, the late Danny Rose of West Chester, Ohio and Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Sendelbach of Union, Ky. Katie is the granddaughter of Mr. William B. Earnest […]
NA Elementary to have workshop for parents on new curriculum standards New Albany Elementary School will host a Parent Workshop on Sept. 12 at 6:00 p.m. to discuss the Common Core State Standards. All parents of elementary age students are encouraged to attend. Union County Singing Convention The Union County Singing Convention will be held […]
BY Zach Adams Itawamba Times FULTON – New Albany coach Ron Price and his Bulldogs led the Itawamba AHS Indians 10-7 with less than a minute to play last Friday night. Unfortunately for the visiting team, a game that saw very few big offensive plays was capped off by one when IAHS sophomore quarterback Vijay […]
Customer service runs the gamut in New Albany. One can find examples of prompt, courteous service with accurate filling of orders and staff in establishments going the extra mile to solve a problem, or even to prevent one from happening. On the other hand, there are some – mostly habitual offenders – who make customers […]
By Charlie Mitchell OXFORD – There was a dust-up last week about whether Mississippi should ever-ever-ever become a home for nuclear waste. Guess what? Mississippi has been a home for nuclear waste for nearly 30 years. As of 2008, there were 770 metric tons of spent nuclear fuel at the Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in […]
The senior football players and the competitive cheer team from New Albany High School made a visit to New Albany Elementary School on August 23 to kick off the football season. For the seventh consecutive year, football players and cheerleaders are visiting with elementary students and reading to them as part of the READ (Reading […]
Students in Anita Alef’s Culinary Arts II class at New Albany High School participated in a Medieval Feast on Friday, Aug. 23. The students have been studying the timeline of food service throughout history and were learning specifically about the foods and customs of the Middle Ages.
Students in LeAnn Thompson’s Art I classes at New Albany High School have been studying art techniques. Recently, the students had the opportunity to experience firsthand some of the challenging ways that artists use to create works of art.
‘Camp Freshman’ helps incoming New Albany High School students prepare New Albany High School hosted its annual “Camp Freshman” on Tuesday, Aug. 6. “Camp Freshman” began ten years ago to give the rising freshmen an opportunity to get familiar with the new campus, their teachers, and administration. Teachers, staff, and senior mentors helped organize and […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Office of Continuing Education will offer a Cake Decorating (Class II) – Creating Flowers and Borders course during the 2013 fall semester. Northeast’s Cake Decorating (Class II) – Creating Flowers and Borders class will open on Sept. 5 and ends Sept. 26. The four-week course meets on Thursday nights from 6 […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on