Both city and county schools missed days this year, mostly due to weather, and will have to make them up this week. The county schools had missed two days earlier due to weather and Assistant Principal Ron Scott said at the time, “We made one up Monday, on Presidents Day…The tentative date to make up […]
The children’s spray park at BNA Bank Park has begun its fifth year of operation, opening last Saturday in time for the Memorial Day weekend. The park, which has become a favorite summer activity for many small children, will be open from noon until 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 […]
As I look around our yard in New Albany, I find that there’s good news and bad news. The good news is that we’ve have made it through an entire year without killing off any trees. We like trees. Lots of them. One of the things that drew us to the house we bought in […]
For many, Memorial Day weekend is a time for family gatherings, barbecues, fishing and boating. For some, including our students, it signifies the beginning of summer. And for others, it means a trip to the cemetery to renew the flowers on loved ones’ graves. All of that is fine and we encourage you and your […]
The top five participants from the New Albany Middle School Geography Bee are as follows: (front row l-r): Logann Cossey, Ashley Payne, Madison Cotten; (back row l-r): Hank Johnson and Jared Ligon. Madison Cotten placed first and Jared Ligon placed second. Cotten participated in a qualifying test that allowed her to participate in the state […]
Madison Cotten, a 6th grade student at New Albany Middle School, participated in the Mississippi National Geographic Bee on April 4 in Pearl.
Mary Jeannette Wynn served as hostess for Junta Club at El Agave on Tuesday, May 6. Joyce Sumner was recognized as a guest and Jane Wiegartner was welcomed as a new member. Members present were Sally Amos, Ninabeth Capaning, Bethany Dalton, Susan Feather, Retta Hardy, Ethel Holland, Myra Langley, Robin Lindsey, Jackie Littlejohn, Diane McGee, […]
Isabella Riddle rounds third and heads for home after hitting a homer for Runway Boutique on Monday. The New Albany Park Commission’s Little League programs are in full swing now with T-ball, coach-pitch, baseball and softball teams playing at BNA Bank Park. There are nearly 600 players on 47 teams divided into five age […]
Graduation time is here and what a lovely group of young people graced the front of our sanctuary last Sunday morning as they were being honored by their church family. Carol Coker, Tray Davis, Alex Duncan, Allie Epting, Dustin Hall, Katie Kidd, Beth Skelley and Ben Washington are our graduates this year. The congregation stood […]
The New Century Club met in the home of Martha Frances Monroe on May 7. Members present were Collett Cross, Jean Dillard, Linda Everett, Susan Feather, Michelle Hagins, Libby Harrison, Anne Holmes, Lynn Madden, Martha Frances Monroe, Mary Tate Pannell, Grace Provence, Shelia Robbins, Kay Sappington, Jill Smith, Lou Ann Staggs and Rheta Ann West. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry