Wright Glass and Aluminum, LLC, held a ribbon-cutting this past Tuesday to mark the new ownership of the business by Ray Gafford and Eddie Gafford. The operation of the business, at 111 McGill St., will be unchanged with the same phone number and office hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. According to […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Shelby Carpenter, a nurse at the Women’s Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Carpenter was nominated by several former patients who praised Carpenter for her compassion and excellent care. Nurses like Carpenter are nominated by patients […]
The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1. LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, […]
Furniture Today reported this past week that New Albany upholstery manufacturer Newport Furniture has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The story by Larry Thomas said Newport estimated its assets at $1 million to $10 million and liabilities of $10 million to $50 million. Court documents include a listing of its 20 largest creditors – […]
New Albany Wine and Spirits held its formal ribbon-cutting ceremony this past Friday. The store, at 700 W. Bankhead, is in the old Giles Truck Stop building, more recently home to Betty’s Buffet and the Old Hwy. 78 Café. Owner-Manager Ira Williams, who also has the Pizza Pit, said the store has about 350 wine […]
A ribbon-cutting was held Friday for Tallahatchie Tumbling and Cheer after its move from downtown to the former Harrison Motors building at 1114 W. Bankhead. Owner Stacy Stepp Peaster said the 9,000-square-foot building will offer more practice space, more parking and they are in the process of preparing an event area with a full kitchen […]
Glamour Girl Formalwear for Men and Women held its ribbon-cutting Monday afternoon. The business sells and rents formal attire including tuxedos for men and pageant dresses, prom dresses, evening gowns, wedding gowns, christening gowns and other special event clothing for all ages. The business also includes alterations and repairs done by a professional seamstress in […]
Deck Your Yard had a ribbon-cutting Friday to mark the new ownership of Brady Daniel and family. Daniel also has operated 3D Pine Straw for the past three years. Although separate companies, both will be run from the 816 ½ W. Bankhead St. address. Deck Your Yard was formerly owned by Sarah Brock Farr and […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will pilot a new staff communication system that combines telephone, alarms and text messaging on Monday, June 17. The Voalté system uses the Apple iPhone interface to replace multiple hospital communication devices with one communication system. This simplified system will allow clinical staff to make and receive calls over the hospital’s […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County recently donated $1,000 to the New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults to assist with transportation and other needs of the center. Representatives of the New Haven Center expressed their appreciation to Walter Grace, CEO/Administrator. From left are Ismael Mendoza, Charlessa McKenzie, Lori Beth Elder, Walter Grace, Price Livingston, Patrick McKenzie, […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...