The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1. LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Furniture Today reported this past week that New Albany upholstery manufacturer Newport Furniture has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The story by Larry Thomas said Newport estimated its assets at $1 million to $10 million and liabilities of $10 million to $50 million. Court documents include a listing of its 20 largest creditors – […]
New Albany Wine and Spirits held its formal ribbon-cutting ceremony this past Friday. The store, at 700 W. Bankhead, is in the old Giles Truck Stop building, more recently home to Betty’s Buffet and the Old Hwy. 78 Café. Owner-Manager Ira Williams, who also has the Pizza Pit, said the store has about 350 wine […]
A ribbon-cutting was held Friday for Tallahatchie Tumbling and Cheer after its move from downtown to the former Harrison Motors building at 1114 W. Bankhead. Owner Stacy Stepp Peaster said the 9,000-square-foot building will offer more practice space, more parking and they are in the process of preparing an event area with a full kitchen […]
Glamour Girl Formalwear for Men and Women held its ribbon-cutting Monday afternoon. The business sells and rents formal attire including tuxedos for men and pageant dresses, prom dresses, evening gowns, wedding gowns, christening gowns and other special event clothing for all ages. The business also includes alterations and repairs done by a professional seamstress in […]
Deck Your Yard had a ribbon-cutting Friday to mark the new ownership of Brady Daniel and family. Daniel also has operated 3D Pine Straw for the past three years. Although separate companies, both will be run from the 816 ½ W. Bankhead St. address. Deck Your Yard was formerly owned by Sarah Brock Farr and […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will pilot a new staff communication system that combines telephone, alarms and text messaging on Monday, June 17. The Voalté system uses the Apple iPhone interface to replace multiple hospital communication devices with one communication system. This simplified system will allow clinical staff to make and receive calls over the hospital’s […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County recently donated $1,000 to the New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults to assist with transportation and other needs of the center. Representatives of the New Haven Center expressed their appreciation to Walter Grace, CEO/Administrator. From left are Ismael Mendoza, Charlessa McKenzie, Lori Beth Elder, Walter Grace, Price Livingston, Patrick McKenzie, […]
On behalf of the BNA Bank board of directors, James R. Collins, President, announces the following promotions. Della Brewster has been named Assistant Vice President of Loans and Business Development. Della has been in the banking industry for much of her career, having worked in banks in her native Louisiana as well as for the […]
Sarah Conlee, an outpatient surgery department nurse at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Conlee was nominated by several former patients who praised Conlee for her comforting demeanor. Nurses like Conlee are nominated by patients and their families for […]
- A drone in Myrtle? July 18, 2014
- Union County Fair pageant winners July 18, 2014
- County plans extension office renovation, courthouse roof repair but reports no progress in mental health issue July 23, 2014
- Dr. David Ellis, 94, dies July 25, 2014
- Interns invaluable for county heritage museum July 25, 2014
- Jets shut out Bollweeviles July 25, 2014
- USA swim rep visits Tallahatchie Tidal Wave July 25, 2014
- The Extra Point: Basketball championship expansion a miss July 25, 2014
- County school board election coming up July 25, 2014
- State residents to get yearly back-to-school purchasing ‘tax holiday’ July 25, 2014
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey