The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1. LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, […]
About Lynn West
Author Archive | Lynn West
Furniture Today reported this past week that New Albany upholstery manufacturer Newport Furniture has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The story by Larry Thomas said Newport estimated its assets at $1 million to $10 million and liabilities of $10 million to $50 million. Court documents include a listing of its 20 largest creditors – […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County and Baptist Union County HealthPlex hosted the fifth annual Healthy Kids Camp July 8-12 with forty-one participants. The purpose of the camp was to provide kids ages 6 to 12 years with educational information about a variety of health topics including nutrition, exercise, safety and self-esteem. Activities included swimming, exercise, crafts, […]
Eunice Marie Carter celebrated her 100th birthday Monday, July 15, with children Joe and Kaye Young. Mrs. Carter, a resident at Graceland Personal Care Home, is a native of the Ingomar community but moved to New Albany in 1962. She worked at the old shirt factory on Highland for many years and later was a […]
Martha Ellen Morgan and Mitchell Lee Cox were married at five o’clock in the evening on April 27, 2013, at First-Trinity Presbyterian Church in Laurel. Reverend Mike Allen and Reverend John Allen Bankson officiated the double-ring ceremony. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steven Blue Morgan and the granddaughter of Mr. […]
Itawamba Community College will honor past and current members of the armed forces during Military Appreciation Night, Aug. 29, at the Fulton Campus during ICC’s football game with East Central Community College, which begins at 7 p.m. Special activities are planned prior to the game as well as a salute during halftime. Admission is free […]
United Way of Northeast Mississippi will hold its annual Back to School Resource Fair (Program) on July 20 and 27. This Program will provide free backpacks filled with school supplies to more than 5,000, K-6 school-aged children across seven counties: Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tishomingo and Union. The inaugural event held in 2011, distributed […]
The state’s fifth Sales Tax Holiday will take place during a 48-hour time period beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29, and ending at midnight Saturday, July 30. The popular “back to school” event is worth seven percent in savings to consumers as result of waiving the sales tax on specific items. The items exempt from […]
Ed Ludlow, 75 George Edward “Ed” Ludlow, 75, of Gainesville, Fla., passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at Haven Hospice E.T. York Care Center in Gainesville, Fla. He was born on Aug. 1, 1937, in Miami, Fla., to Luther Spencer Ludlow and Gertrude Hester Clary Ludlow. He graduated from Miami Senior High School in […]
By Sid Salter Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal In the wake of the 5-4 decision of the Supreme Court that held that Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act was unconstitutional unless it was retooled by Congress as a national safeguard against the denial of voting rights rather than as a regional safeguard applied primarily in […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?