Sonya Marie Homan , 43, of Hickory Flat, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, at her home. She was born March 25, 1969, in New Albany to Henry Ellis Hamblin and Mary Seger Hamblin. Memorial services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, at Bluff Springs Baptist Church in Ashland with Bro. Faren Ash officiating. Serenity […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
The New Albany city election process picked up two more candidates for alderman this week. Jimmy Lewis Jackson is running for Ward 3 Alderman and Samantha Morris is running for Ward 4 Alderman. In Ward 3, incumbent Tommie Beasley is not seeking re-election and those vying for that seat in addition to Jackson are Chris […]
Barbara Crotts, a teacher at New Albany Elementary School (NAES), was named “Teacher of the Year” for the New Albany School District (NASD) on January 16. Crotts has 26 years of experience in education. She has worked in the New Albany Schools for sixteen years teaching special education. Crotts graduated from Delta State University with […]
Cody Bo Dillard signed with the Northeast Mississippi Community College’s baseball program on Monday to become the second pitcher to ink with the Tigers this year. Dillard is a left-handed pitcher from East Union High School where he had an impressive 6-2 overall mark — during his junior campaign from the mound in 11 appearances […]
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) would like to inform the public of the following traffic advisory on U.S. Highway 78 in Union County. Due to necessary maintenance repairs in the travel lane, motorists should expect intermittent stops in traffic along U.S. Highway 78 between State Route 30 and State Route 15 in New Albany, […]
The Union County courtroom filled Saturday afternoon as local residents gathered for a spirited celebration of the life of civil-rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The theme this year was “We must go on” and keynote speaker Derric Morrison, pastor of Pontotoc Second Baptist Church, expanded on that using Hebrews 12:1-3. He talked about […]
Lady Bulldogs softball team benefit breakfast The New Albany Lady Bulldog Softball Pancake Breakfast will be Saturday, Jan. 26, from 6 to 10:30 a.m. at the New Albany Middle School cafeteria. Plates will sell for $5 each. Carry-outs will be available. Gospel Explosion A Gospel Explosion will be held Saturday, Feb. 2, at First Evangelistical […]
Every once in a while we receive emails that contains topics or information people feel strongly about. Sometimes they want us to print it in the News Exchange. Most of the time, these emails have been bouncing around the internet, sometimes for years. They sound reasonable and most people take them at face value. Whenever […]
Students in Anita Alef’s Culinary I classes at New Albany High School have been studying sandwiches. As an individual project, students were given the task of creating a sandwich, calculating the cost of purchasing ingredients, calculating a selling price, describing in detail the procedures for setting up a sandwich line in a restaurant, creating a […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...