Billie Z. Davis Ledington, 80, of Sherman, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 28, 1932, in Barbersville, Ky., to James Davis and Ruby Browning Davis. She married Glen B. Ledington. She worked as a social worker in the health care industry before retiring. She […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
Martha “Willene” Goodman Thomas, 89, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at her residence. She was born Dec. 11, 1923, in New Albany to William Henry Goodman and Mattie Lou Coltharp Goodman. She retired from Sam Carey Lumber Company in Memphis, where she worked as an executive secretary. She was a member of New Albany Presbyterian […]
Mary Sue Cox Maxey Wiley, 96, of Byhalia, went to be with her Lord Saturday, March 23, 2013, at Trinity Mission of Great Oaks in Byhalia. She was born Oct. 29, 1916, in New Albany. She was a graduate of New Albany High School. After the death of her husband, Samuel Lewis Maxey, she was […]
Lawrence Nicholson, 81, of Hickory Flat, died Saturday, March 23, 2013, at Graceland Nursing Home in New Albany. He was born Feb. 13, 1932, to Harvey and Mary Thompson Nicholson in Marshall County. He was a U.S. Army Veteran. He was an auto mechanic and a member of Flat Rock Baptist Church. Services were at […]
Imogene Gullick Henry, 85, of Hickory Flat, died Friday, March 22, 2013, at Golden Living Center in Southaven. She was born Feb. 26, 1928, in Lafayette County, to Herbert Gullick and Opal McBroom Gullick. She was a housewife and a member of the Amaziah Baptist Church. Services were held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, […]
James Hugh “Tody” Thompson, 71, of Tupelo, died Friday, March 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born on Nov. 26, 1941, in Union County, to Gara Herring Thompson and Erskin Thompson and was the second of five sons. He lived most of his adult life in Lee County. He was a Baptist. […]
Murry Neil Montgomery, 55, of Hurricane, died Thursday, March 21, 2013, at his residence. He was a member of Sand Springs Community Church. He graduated from North Pontotoc High School in 1975 and attended Itawamba Junior College. He graduated from the University of Mississippi, where he obtained a bachelor’s degree in education. He taught school […]
Iva Belle Entrekin Cross, 89, died Thursday, March 21, 2013, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany. She was born Jan. 25, 1924, in Lawrence County, Tenn., to Joseph Grady and Lorene Kobek Entrekin. She married Thomas Eugene Cross on Oct. 14, 1943. He preceded her in death on June 19, 1998. She lived […]
Jamie Rodgers Yates, 82, died Tuesday, March 19, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 14, 1930, in Myrtle to William John Henry Rodgers and Opal Lee Raines Rodgers. She was a homemaker and a member of Northside Baptist Church. Services were at 10 a.m., Friday, March 22, at Northside Baptist Church with the […]
Billy Wayne Botts, 76, of Palmetto, died Tuesday, March 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a lengthy illness. He was born Aug. 11, 1936, in Union County to William Hollis and Maudie Lee Carter Botts. He was raised in the Jugfork community and was a 1956 graduate of Cedar Hill High School. A […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on