By The Associated Press Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has been given state approval to triple the capacity of its emergency room in New Albany. The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a certificate of need for the project this week. Mississippi requires a CON in a process designed to avoid duplication of health care services […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
A bank account has been set up to help Janet Barkley from the Blue Springs community. Barkley, a single mother of two, was involved an auto accident on Memorial Day weekend. She hit a horse and sustained severe injuries including a broken neck and head injuries and will have a long recovery time. An account […]
By The Associated Press JACKSON — A woman wanted in Mississippi in the death of a 2-year-old girl has been added to the U.S. Marshals Service’s Most Wanted fugitive list. Janet Killough Barreto is wanted in Union County for failure to appear on charges of manslaughter, three counts of child abuse, six counts of child […]
County municipalities see revamped boards By J. Lynn West Incumbent Will Tucker won the race for Ward 4 alderman Tuesday – the only New Albany office that had not been determined in the primaries and runoff. Tucker defeated Terry Medlin with a ratio of 60.3 percent to 39.7 percent of the vote. Tuesday’s was the […]
The New Albany High School Class of ‘53 60th reunion at the Union County Heritage Museum: (not in order) Larry Brewer, Joe Childers, Ann DeBoe Childers, Jimmy Dodds, Barbara Parr Doughty, Eugene Foley, Martha Porter Gault, James Huey Giles, Sam Gulls, Newt Harrison, Jack Herrington, Ann Garrett Hill, llah Nicholas King, Barbara Marshall Lott, Billy […]
30th Annual Froglevel Festival The 30th annual Froglevel Festival will be held on Saturday, June 8, at the Pratts Community Center in the Pratts Community six miles east of Baldwyn. Events are as follows: Registration for the 5K run begins at 7:00 a.m., 5K begins at 8:00 a.m. Registration cost is $15.00 and includes T-shirt. […]
On behalf of Union County Development Association – Thanks to all of you who took time out of your busy schedules to support Union County at the State of the Region Meeting today in Tupelo. We are honored to be the county with the most people in attendance! We appreciate you all! Sincerely, Joanne Lesley […]
Frog-a-Nanny has had a tough year because of the weather. The parade, pep rally and ball game were postponed twice due to rain and storms and ultimately put off until the late summer when school starts again. The fun run and 5K did come off Friday, however, with about 80 participants total. That’s not bad […]
They call it a courtyard. It’s my first. I’m more accustomed to seven acres of yard, boulders, hills, hollows, garden spot, and forest. The courtyard came with our new home – recently landscaped by its builder. Our backyard is larger – big enough to create a garden that can be manicured and watched in detail […]
Brandon Montgomery of New Albany recently signed a baseball scholarship with Blue Mountain College. Montgomery pitched and played third for the Bulldogs primarily for the Bulldogs. Brandon said the following concerning his career at New Albany and his outlook for playing for Blue Mountain, “It’s been fun here at New Albany, I wouldn’t trade it […]
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...