By Martha Hardy Weather is all in the news these days in diverse places, with floods world -wide and just last week there was some flooding and people being evacuated in Tupelo. My son Austin and I got caught in a severe thunderstorm in Tupelo. It was raining so hard I could not see to […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
The UCDA will be sponsoring a series of workshops available to the general public and free to the community. Come find out how to apply for one -on-one counseling and benefit from the free services offered from the Mississippi Small Business Development Center. Workshop topics with dates, times and registration can be found at www.mssbdc.org. […]
The Art of Dixie promotes Southern art, products and found objects. It will be a place to showcase artists of all kinds from soap makers to painters. The Art of Dixie shares space with Bankhead Gallery at 100 E Bankhead Street in downtown New Albany. This is a great opportunity for artists to extend their […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last-minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, but […]
The public is invited to enjoy an evening of art, music, and food Friday, Aug. 9, at In Bloom’s event hall from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in downtown New Albany. Arts, Beats & Eats is an award-winning event receiving “Best Art Event” by the Mississippi Main Street Association. Arts, Beats & Eats is a juried […]
The New Albany School of Ballet and Ballet Company are already making plans for this year’s Nutcracker season. On December 13 and 14 of 2013, The New Albany Ballet Company will once again take the stage to produce “The Nutcracker” Ballet. In preparation, the company members took classes during their routine summer workshops and the […]
BY REX WILGUS For the New Albany News Exchange NEW ALBANY – The New Albany School District board of directors met for their regular meeting on August 1, 2013. The board commended Dr. Jason Dees, who has served on the board from 2005 to 2013, for his service to the school district. Dr. Dees was […]
Artisans from across Mississippi will come together Aug. 24-25 for a weekend of shopping, fun and community giving. For two days in August, the Trademart in Jackson will come alive with arts and crafts, musicians, and much more when The Mississippi Craft Show returns. Hailing from 33 cities, from Corinth to Tylertown; in 24 counties, […]
Bradley Littlejohn, Lance Moore, and Brock White will present Paid In Full’s 22nd Anniversary Homecoming concert on Saturday, August 10, at Hillcrest Baptist Church in New Albany at 6:00 p.m. This year’s event will feature Gene McDonald, former member of the Florida Boys Quartet and current member of the Gaither Homecoming Tour, as well as […]
Newly hired marketing director Sean Johnson doesn’t officially start work for a little more than two weeks but the New Albany native is already setting priorities. He is starting without a budget or job description, both of which will be set, but he plans to also jump into actual promoting as well. Critical to Johnson […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...