On February 14, several classes at New Albany Elementary School celebrated Valentines Day with a ball or banquet. These events focused on etiquette, table manners, good behavior, and healthy eating.
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
By J. Lynn West A group of local residents and some out-of-towners had the opportunity this past week to learn how someone not familiar with New Albany sees it upon arriving for the first time. The “First Impression” was provided by Dr. Joe Fratesi, Community Development Director for the Stennis Institute at Mississippi […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Greenwood locked up a thriller that went to double overtime before the Bulldogs of New Albany defeated the visiting Bulldogs by a 63-60 score. The contest was tight all the way as the largest lead of the night was eight points in the fourth quarter and that lead was […]
By Tyler McCollum Things got pretty intense Tuesday night in the Ingomar gym as the Falcons hosted the Montgomery County Hornets for the “do-or-die” first round North Half game. The Falcons’ offense started hot and never let up during the first quarter. Henry Foster lifted his team with three back-to-back three-point shots and Devonte Williamson […]
By Joanna Manning Heard of Michael Phelps or Ryan Lochte? What about McClellan or Fennell? Well, the first two are household names in the world of swimming – and the next two - you just MIGHT need to keep your eyes and ears open for they are heading in that same direction. Not only are they from […]
Loyd Carrol Warren Sr., 81, of Houlka, passed away Sunday, Feb. 17 2013, at his home. He was born on Oct. 6, 1931, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Franklin Corporation, where he had held many jobs. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church, but had attended First Baptist in Houlka with his […]
Alvin Lee Howe, 85, died Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Hospice in Verona. He was born in New Albany on Oct. 9, 1927, to Andrew and Pearl Todd Howe. He was a Baptist and was retired from Cummins in Memphis. Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Glenfield Funeral Home with […]
Winston Glenn “Blue” Quarles, 84, of Randolph, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice in Tupelo. He was a retired auto/tractor parts manager. He was a deacon and member of Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church, but attended Bethany Primitive Baptist Church in recent years. He was a veteran of the […]
Shirley Ann Killough, 77, of Blue Springs, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born in the Pinedale community on Nov. 20, 1935, the daughter of Garfield and Maggie Lou Childers Rutledge. She was a Baptist and a homemaker, and she loved tending her rose garden. Services […]
Howard Headings, 87, of Baldwyn, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at the Veterans Home in Oxford after an extended illness. He was born Dec. 19, 1925, in Willow Springs, Mo., to Charles F. Headings and Della Jane Howard. He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II. He served on the USS Massachusetts […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Keep “Feet” on tour August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?