BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union is in a building program in a large way this summer as the school is constructing an on-campus football stadium and also building a multipurpose indoor facility to be used by all sports as well as the school’s physical education classes. “We constructed about an 8,500 sq. foot metal building […]
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
Author Archive | Dennis Clayton
BY DENNIS CLAYTON NEW ALBANY – First Baptist Church of New Albany has traveled to various cities around the United States with their sports camps and mission trips. This week the church has given the opportunity to local youth to be a part of their ministry outreach. Mega Sports Camp began on Monday and will […]
FULTON – East Union capped their summer league season at ICC by winning the league tournament on Monday. The Lady Urchins defeated Mooreville 3-1 in their first game and edged Amory 5-2 in the championship to take home the trophy. “Softball’s a funny game,” East Union coach Josh Blythe said. “You get some […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar posted wins over Tremont and Potts Camp while Myrtle rallied in the late innings to slip by New Albany in summer fast pitch action at Ingomar on Thursday. Myrtle 7, New Albany 6 Myrtle rallied in the fifth and sixth inning to score all seven runs after New Albany had raced to […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – West Union’s Lady Eagles took a convincing 33-18 win over Hickory Flat while Ingomar fell a point short, losing to Independence 24-23 in girls’ summer basketball play at Myrtle on Monday. West Union 33, Hickory Flat 18 The Lady Eagles used a stifling defense to post an early 14-5 first […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Myrtle scored all their runs in the first inning on Tuesday night and coasted to a 3-0 win over Potts Camp in summer baseball action. Lane Bishop hit a leadoff single and was followed by Anthony Lipsey’s single. Brandon Perkins, the number three hitter in the Hawks lineup, drove in […]
Hugh Yates has been tapped to fill the role of softball coach at West Union High School. Yates will take over both the slowpitch and fastpitch programs from Lisa Bogue, who announced her retirement earlier in June. “I’m very excited, and I’d like to thank the adminstration here and Mr. (Ken) Basil for giving […]
INGOMAR – Fans that are in need of a high school sports “fix” only need to drive to Ingomar during the next few weeks to catch prep action in boys and girls basketball plus fast pitch softball. Girls basketball hit the hardwood on Tuesday with a full slate of games, 15 in total. Union County […]
TUPELO – Two New Albany Bulldogs received the opportunity to compete as some of the top football talent in the state. Rising seniors Jake McDonald and Devin Wilson took part in the Southern Select Combine at Tupelo High School on Saturday, increasing their visibility for recruiters in the hope of furthering their careers after high […]
- Thumbing to California July 23, 2014
- Improving the ER July 23, 2014
- Jets shut out Bollweevils July 25, 2014
- Union County Fair Pet Show winners July 25, 2014
- Arts Beats and Eats bringing food, art and fellowship back Friday July 30, 2014
- The single life is not for us July 30, 2014
- Arts, Beats & Eats July 30, 2014
- County has new airport projects coming up July 30, 2014
- Museum seeks new Faulkner-inspired art for September exhibit July 30, 2014
- Nance retires from Department of Corrections July 30, 2014
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey