USA swim rep visits Tallahatchie Tidal Wave
The Tallahatchie Tidal Wave received a very special visitor at the Baptist Heathplex in USA Swimming Club Development Consultant Dave Thomas.
Thomas stopped in New Albany on his way to attend the Mississippi long-course state championships, and spent time learning about the Tidal Wave program, head coach Joanna Manning said.
“It is quite an honor to have a USA swimming representative come see and learn about what programming we do for the community. Mr. Thomas admired our dedication to the sport of swimming and the use of nationally recognized methods of swim stroke development,” Manning said.
Thomas’ visit was in part to learn about the future plans of the Tallahatchie Aquatics program, including a hope to build a new public facility to increase pogramming and promote swimming in the community.
“Teaching your community to swim is one of the most important things we can do. With 10 people drowning every day in this country, we need to make sure all citizens know how to swim. It is a great activity for the body, mind and spirit,” Thomas said.
About Donica PhiferDonica Phifer grew up in Tishomingo, Miss with two older brothers whose extracurricular activities taught her all about sports at an early age. Before joining the Gazette staff as the Sports Editor, she was a sportswriter for The Daily Corinthian and the Online Editor for three years at The Daily Mississippian, the student newspaper of The University of Mississippi. In her free time she's usually at an Ole Miss sporting event, cheering on the Rebels.
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer