Vikings defeat Falcons in summer league basketball
BY DENNIS CLAYTON
INGOMAR – North Pontotoc took a narrow 46-41 win over Ingomar in the final day of summer league basketball at Ingomar.
Ingomar rode the first half scoring blitz of Kelton Hall to close the game to 27-26 at the half. Hall scorched the nets for 19 points including five 3-pointers to lead the Falcons.
Both team relied on full court pressure defensively during the game to create turnovers and turned those into easy points. Ingomar jumped out to an early lead, but North Pontotoc came back to take the lead just before half.
North Pontotoc was able to get a 19-15 advantage in points for the second half to secure the win. Hall led all scorers with 27 points and Jay Pickens added 8.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race August 21, 2015
- Everett discusses book profiling Revolutionary War spies August 21, 2015
- Elliott debunks Faulkner ‘myths’ in museum program August 26, 2015
- Northeast at New Albany NEMCC campus reports record enrollment August 26, 2015
- Mississippi Bureau of Investigation looking into stop, one-hour pursuit that ended with suspect’s unexplained death August 26, 2015
- Every vote important August 28, 2015
- No tax increase for city residents, 2016 budget largely unchanged also August 28, 2015
- Linel-up for November general election ballot finally clear August 28, 2015
- Bright wants to take another look at boxes in one-vote margin loss August 28, 2015
- Basil retains school superintendent seat; supervisor’s race down to one vote August 28, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
© 2015 New Albany Gazette. All Rights Reserved.