Vikings defeat Falcons in summer league basketball
BY DENNIS CLAYTON
INGOMAR – North Pontotoc took a narrow 46-41 win over Ingomar in the final day of summer league basketball at Ingomar.
Ingomar rode the first half scoring blitz of Kelton Hall to close the game to 27-26 at the half. Hall scorched the nets for 19 points including five 3-pointers to lead the Falcons.
Both team relied on full court pressure defensively during the game to create turnovers and turned those into easy points. Ingomar jumped out to an early lead, but North Pontotoc came back to take the lead just before half.
North Pontotoc was able to get a 19-15 advantage in points for the second half to secure the win. Hall led all scorers with 27 points and Jay Pickens added 8.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Local artist Katherine Dye talks about new book July 24, 2015
- Tipping my cap to a day of golf July 29, 2015
- Arts, Beats and Eats July 29, 2015
- ‘Robin Hood’ to be presented at civic center this weekend July 31, 2015
- Ingomar Baptist Church breaks ground for new sanctuary July 31, 2015
- Back to school time July 31, 2015
- Only three days left to campaign before party primaries Tuesday July 31, 2015
- Potts Camp native turns love of animals into international career and work preserving species July 31, 2015
- Take advantage of tax holiday to save on fall clothes July 31, 2015
- Airport receives state transportation grant for hangar improvement July 31, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
© 2015 New Albany Gazette. All Rights Reserved.