Reminder: Area churches to celebrate freedom with community program on courthouse lawn
The community will have a freedom celebration this year, but it will be nearly a week before Independence Day so as not to cause conflict with families’ other activities.
Several area churches are getting together to present the event this Sunday, June 29, at the Union County Courthouse.
A picnic will start the program at 5:30 p.m. with hamburgers or hot dogs provided and those attending are invited to bring coolers and lawn chairs (no alcohol is permitted on courthouse property). There will be bouncers for the kids as well.
A combined choir with about 200 members will perform between 6 and 6:30 p.m., accompanied by special lighting and video.
The main program will be by author and TV host Dennis Swanberg of Monroe. La., who has been described as “America’s minister of entertainment,” and has Swanberg Christian Ministries.
Swanberg also will present a program during the morning worship service at First Baptist Church at 10:30 a.m.
There will be no admission charge but an offering will be taken to help defray expenses.
Churches participating include Bethlehem United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, Fredonia Baptist Church, Hillcrest Baptist Church, Ingomar Baptist Church and New Birth Church.
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...